Cycling n a Trainer

MTB_Roadie

OK...so with this CT weather I decided to cycle on my indoor trainer....all went well and then suddenly I started to smell rubber...then as I cycle more I saw rubber pieces all over my frame from the rear tire!!! So now sad thing is the rear tire has no more round shape and look very..."Flat", what culd have been the cause of the rubber just coming off?

That is normal, you need to get IDT tire.

Its normally thicker smooth rubber, I have the Continental one and it works well.

If you use your normal tires you will feel the flat spots on the road, or make that your idt tire now and get a new tire for the road.

Was a Michelin Speedium 2, very soft rubber....but now I changed the tire, put a old set of rim on with some old gatorskins so can cycle on those now....I was just a bit lazy yesterday to put training wheels on.

Was a Michelin Speedium 2, very soft rubber....but now I changed the tire, put a old set of rim on with some old gatorskins so can cycle on those now....I was just a bit lazy yesterday to put training wheels on.

And now you'll need to go and buy a new tyre.