Wives Vs Cycling

Caerus

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We had a big clean out a few month ago and gave our old stuff ( including 3 bikes ) to Eddie Thomplinson's development club.

Eddie does Audax? Hmmm....interesting piece of info ;)

Thanks guys for reminding me how lucky I am! :) Gonna give my wife a big hug toninght.

She buys more mtb stuff for me than I do, pushes me out of bed in the mornings if I am lazy because she knows I'll be grumpy if I don't. Our planned weekends away are mostly around our races and she loves rocks and flowing singletrack as much as I do.....humbled

Dude, does she have a sister??

I love my wife to bits, she has been my wife for the last 18 years, she is the most selfless person I know, to the point that I even feel guilty at times, she let's me buy pretty much anything we can afford within limits, she allows me to train endless hours, last year in October I went on a 9 hour training ride, when I got back she had a warm wholesome meal prepared, laid clothes out on the bed and massaged my legs before she allowed me to sleep for a few hours.

All this whilst she takes care of the kids as well.

The week after I trained for 25 hours and she looked after me like a baby.

If she ever decides to become a taker, I will go to the ends of the earth to make sure she gets what she wants, oh and she is hot too B)

Thats awesome :D Happy days for you. What do u do for her?

Maybe my big crash in January was actually a blessing in disguise. It was the day that my wife decided she couldn't beat us and decided to join us. She was out having a gentle ride around the hood when I was out time trialing and fell rather badly.

That was the last time she went anywhere near a bike and I have got back into the saddle.Scared the whatits out of her. (Me too but that's another story for another thread.)

Now my sacred time is still MY sacred time. B) My great escape from reality when I disappear into the sunrise and got out riding for several hours. No nagging, no bitchin'. Just the awsome sound of tyres on tar, the wind in my ears and every now and then, the chirping of the birds in the trees. Man I do love cycling. Such a pity we have to share the roads with dumbass motorists that ruin the ambience with their gas guzzling, pollution emmitting metal boxes.

That's the thing isn't it...took up cycling, found it came with loads of alone time. Then the wife took up cycling, which isn't a bad thing but... I hope they invent something like stickbooking or whatever to distract her so I can exclusively claim cycling back for me :)

Its good to see so many people saying 'get her to join you'. There aren't nearly enough women cycling in South Africa and it would be awesome if we could get more ladies on the road/trails.

I know a lot of girls that want to cycle but feel bad going with their boyfriends/husbands and their friends because they hold them up or are scared that they will hold them up. I hope everyone who said 'get her to join you' encourages every lady they see, including their own, and waits for any beginners that rock up at a group ride. :P

Personally, though, I wouldn't want to date a cyclist. I'd much rather have cycling as my own thing and have someone that I can talk to about meaningful things [and someone who'll accompany me to races and do back up and massage my legs and clean my bike, and and and.] Unfortunately, spending so much time cycling, the only guys I meet are cyclists. ;)

There aren't nearly enough women cycling in South Africa and it would be awesome if we could get more ladies on the road/trails.

I know a lot of girls that want to cycle but feel bad going with their boyfriends/husbands and their friends because they hold them up or are scared that they will hold them up. I hope everyone who said 'get her to join you' encourages every lady they see, including their own, and waits for any beginners that rock up at a group ride. :P

Great - I've done my part by ensuring that all my direct reports get a bike, and I make sure we get out as a team riding together at least once a week. My CIO now rides, as does my COO, and they're both women newbies. The other four team members are men, so that's normal.

Then there's my new PA that joined Friday - she rides a Cannondale(!!), so she's instantly been welcomed and adopted into the team. Now there's 3 women and 4 men in the team, and we spur each other on not only on the bikes, but at work too!

Productivity up, fitness up, more girls on bikes, win win win!

<br />Juslaaik die meeste van julle ouks is lekka doffff!!!!!!! Buy a Tandem...... even if you do not really fully convert to Tandemism, she will never really know whether that new wheelset is for the Tandem or not. Even better ..... get a road and MTB tandem...... but beware the cult of Tandemism is extremely contageous. You may end up ONLY cycling a Tande!!!!!!!!!<br /> i tried tandem with the wife for about a year and while it was sometimes fun, it caused lots of arguments because our fitness levels were waaaay different! So when we found out she was pregnant she stopped and my dad and i continued on the tandem. Im fortunate tho that she can relate and recently 'allowed' me to sell the tandem to buy my dream bike! And she doesnt complain much as she knows cycling is my healthy obsession! And i think she luvs the fact the cycling has some 'other' benefits

i tried tandem with the wife for about a year and while it was sometimes fun, it caused lots of arguments because our fitness levels were waaaay different!

But that's the point of cycling together with your wife on the tandem - for the stronger to pull the weaker. Whenever I ride the tandem(s), I realise I'm going to work my backside off because my wife is at an entirely different fitness level. I ALWAYS go out with the attitude that the tandem rides are good for togetherness, and that it WILL be tough, and that it will be perfect strength training!

Great - I've done my part by ensuring that all my direct reports get a bike, and I make sure we get out as a team riding together at least once a week. My CIO now rides, as does my COO, and they're both women newbies. The other four team members are men, so that's normal.

Then there's my new PA that joined Friday - she rides a Cannondale(!!), so she's instantly been welcomed and adopted into the team. Now there's 3 women and 4 men in the team, and we spur each other on not only on the bikes, but at work too!

Productivity up, fitness up, more girls on bikes, win win win!

What do you do, can I come work for you?

What do you do, can I come work for you?

Sometimes it feels like little more than stakeholder and shareholder expectations management! Always looking for competent and dynamic financial services expertise