Wives Vs Cycling

Caerus

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

+1 this thread concerns me no end.

This reads like an article in the cosmo.

very metro

I read all those magazines, gives a wonderful insight into a womans mind and thinking, Womens Health makes great toilet reading. Ive been covering my tracks with this thread, lol. :unsure:

Sometimes it feels like little more than stakeholder and shareholder expectations management! Always looking for competent and dynamic financial services expertise

I could always draw your graphs/pie charts for you, would you like a 3d model of your financial forecasts? ;)

I read all those magazines, gives a wonderful insight into a womans mind and thinking, Womens Health makes great toilet reading. Ive been covering my tracks with this thread, lol. :unsure:

First I thought: "this concerns me about you"

and then I thought

AHaaaa ... busted! she moans about your expenses on your bike but spends on overpriced glossy mags (all those mags, as you said. ALL)

and the cut and tint you mentioned somewhere on pg?

and you're still being made to stand in the corner??? huh

Come on guy.Man up!

First I thought: "this concerns me about you"

and then I thought

AHaaaa ... busted! she moans about your expenses on your bike but spends on overpriced glossy mags (all those mags, as you said. ALL)

and the cut and tint you mentioned somewhere on pg?

and you're still being made to stand in the corner??? huh

Come on guy.Man up!

Lol the reason I know about the hair thing is she is a hairdresser in her sparetime and its kinda what she charges. I buy about 6 differant cycling magazines a month, as well as surfing magazines, So i cant complain about that. I would have to say my cycling expenses are way more then what she gets for herself.

I also use moisturiser on a daily basis, lol.

I could always draw your graphs/pie charts for you, would you like a 3d model of your financial forecasts? ;)

If you can make the actual business results reflect a nice steep line sloping upward to the right, in 3D or otherwise, you may be absolutely perfect for a gazillion different companies!

If you can make the actual business results reflect a nice steep line sloping upward to the right, in 3D or otherwise, you may be absolutely perfect for a gazillion different companies!

I can make it do whatever you want? Ive got a Powerband :P

I can make it do whatever you want? Ive got a Powerband :P

Haha, sold, to the magician on the bike!

My wife has also taken to cycling, which is great. And soon she'll kick my butt, as I'm very much a participant and not a competitor.

But;

1) she's very much "arrive and drive". I have to pump the tyres, lube the chain, wash the bike, do the maintenance, etc.

2) where I could offer my mate's bike a spot on the bike rack, she now hijacks that spot (and only when it suites her)

3) where I previously had to justify why I needed that assos or vermarc, she now has two of each (colour-coded nogal)

4) where I could previously have a few beers after a race (if my mates are driving), we now have to hurry back home (I'm driving by default)

Bottom line : be careful what you wish for, and remember you are not likely, as the man, to be in control of the situation if you get it. :P

Guest Frail4Life

lemme guess, you dont have a car, dont emit any noxious fumes of your own, have a record IQ, and pay road taxes any way?

Ziiiiiiiiiiing! :D

With all the money I spend giving Away, do you think for a moment I can have any money left for a Car expense?

I must be the luckiest oke on the hub. My wife lets me buy the bikes and supports me in my racing. It keeps me sane and she knows that. When it comes to the cost - I just tell it like it is. If its R5k I say its R5k then she knows the truth. Her finding out I lied about the price of a bike part will be may more destructive that whatever I spent. The counterpoint is that when I'm not on the bike - I am home with my wife and kids.

In a couple of years, she's gonna say to all of you who says similar to tcrcarbon , "And what did I get for supporting and going to all your cycle races,, WHAT?" And on the couch you sleep :D

Great - I've done my part by ensuring that all my direct reports get a bike, and I make sure we get out as a team riding together at least once a week. My CIO now rides, as does my COO, and they're both women newbies. The other four team members are men, so that's normal.

Then there's my new PA that joined Friday - she rides a Cannondale(!!), so she's instantly been welcomed and adopted into the team. Now there's 3 women and 4 men in the team, and we spur each other on not only on the bikes, but at work too!

Productivity up, fitness up, more girls on bikes, win win win!

Awesome. :)

At least cycling gives my wife something to give me *** about. I cant understand how the fact that I cycle can upset her so much. Would she prefer it if I hang around in pubs? I was in any case married to cycling before I married her so she knew how the package works. If I didnt cycle I would just be another bloated beer gut 40 year old,so the fact that it pisses her off is for her own account cause the agent dont care what she thinks about it.

The positive side is that she thinks my R40 000 MTB cost R2500 cause she dont know jack **** about cycling.