Wives Vs Cycling

Caerus

Ive had to put my foot down recently, the wife was moaning I was spending too much time & money on things bike related. Im sorry but I think its bollocks that someone can want you to stop the thing you love.

Anyone in a similar situation or got similar stories?

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Answer: Everybody that is married :)

Yup, even my wife has started to question the secret rendezvous with other Hubbers and mysterious movements of goods hidden away in black bags without any receipts or way bills.

My wife came in the garage the other day whilst I was cleaning my bike. She said "I wish you'd give me as much attention as you give that damn bike"

I looked up at her, smiled sweetly & said "but darling, I don't ride you as often..."

At least we have a big couch. :)

I stopped cycling for a while because the girl did not like it. Will never pick mortal flesh over a bicycle again. There is no women that can make me as happy a bicycle. Well, maybe Yvonne Strahovsky on a bicycle. :D

With me it is the time more than anything else...with the kids and their activities.

WHY is is that there is always a school sport match on when there is a lekka MTB event on?

Not me, it does change a bit when you have kids - I suppose it's like anything in life just be responsible and weigh up every situation on it's merit.

Also I bought my wife a bike and encourage her to go spinning twice a week - not only does she not get fat (happens with wives) but she can now also have a lot more in common with me and have an understanding of why I do what I do.

ouch! I think u hit a nerve there ;)

This is a topic that i think many cyclists have to deal with at some point, sometimes often. I have compromised, as i also understand that cycling, if not shared by both partners can be a very selfish sport (time consuming wise).

My compromise involves me using my commuting to work as training, it has worked very well so far, i get the bulk of my training per week in just by commuting to work and back with a little extra every evening on the way home. That places me front and centre for my gf at 18:30pm sharp every evening :)

Since i started doing this, there have been no complaints and i am still happy i get to enjoy the passion i have for cycling.

The money situation is a difficult one, in SA cycling stuff is very expensive, over here it is more reasonable, but i reckon if you can curb the time away from her through some method then the overpsending might be overlooked :)

Good luck

Amazing the quick replies :lol: . The wife even thought I was havin an affair - doh. So ive bought her a bike now.

ouch! I think u hit a nerve there ;)

This is a topic that i think many cyclists have to deal with at some point, sometimes often. I have compromised, as i also understand that cycling, if not shared by both partners can be a very selfish sport (time consuming wise).

My compromise involves me using my commuting to work as training, it has worked very well so far, i get the bulk of my training per week in just by commuting to work and back with a little extra every evening on the way home. That places me front and centre for my gf at 18:30pm sharp every evening :)

Since i started doing this, there have been no complaints and i am still happy i get to enjoy the passion i have for cycling.

The money situation is a difficult one, in SA cycling stuff is very expensive, over here it is more reasonable, but i reckon if you can curb the time away from her through some method then the overpsending might be overlooked :)

Good luck

Where are you?

Oh and PS: my gf has started mountain biking with me now so i guess it is working out even better than i expected :D

I stopped cycling for a while because the girl did not like it. Will never pick mortal flesh over a bicycle again. There is no women that can make me as happy a bicycle. Well, maybe Yvonne Strahovsky on a bicycle. :D

Yep, she's HOT!! She can save me anytime!!