New MTB Brakeset

neelst

I am looking at getting a new disc brakeset for my BH carbon hardtail.

What you guys think? The new Sram XX or Formula R1's? Has anyone got some reviews on these?

Any other suggestions?

Im just on CRC site now, The new XTR looks the ****! but probably another month before stock comes in.

Otherwise Ifits not purely about weight.. Id get hopes, Ive never fealt a leaver so lolid and such good braking. But yes, I know neither of these are on your list ; )

Ofcourse Brown might not be the option you get at CRC, but ya, Ive ridden them, and Im saving myself for those..havnt looked at the weight though..

post-1279-089056500 1283342257.jpg

post-1279-018435000 1283342326.jpg

R1's have the best stopping power of them all... X2's didn't fare well on dyno in Bikeradar's Brake test...

Can't comment on the XX's, but now that I'm on Formula's, I'll never go back to Avid/SRAM brakes...

What's the rest of you groupset like? R1s goes with everything but XX will not look good on a Shimano equipped bike. R1s are the lightest there is and have not read anything bad about them.

the hope's does look good too... i am currently running shimano xt all the way. buying bit for bit. planning on changing over to sramm xx shifters, deraileurs and cluster. i have not decided on a crank yet. FSA kforce light looks sexy but a bit pricey. also not sure if it is compatible with the 10spd cluster.

thanks for the pic's bos.

got a feeling that it will probably be the r1's in the end

thanks guys

I wish they wouldnt have made R1's so darn ugly, I loved the oro's but the newer Formula is uuugly.. I get the best looking stuff, screw performance ; ) no tnot that bad, but looks is important to me.

Formula brakes are the best - I have R1's on my marathon bike and The Ones on my all mountain bike.Am extremely happy with their performance - never going to use Shimano or Avid again.

I will go with Hopes- you can service every little part on them, they are light and look good as well - just to mention i have a set of Hope Mono Mini's up for graps.... excellent condition, all parts brandnew - full set front and rear with rotors, only R2000 - BARGAIN galore!Reason for selling - got a set sponsored!