Has been stripes

Pres Com

Does any one know the rules on EX South African Champ Stripes and when they are allowed to be worn?

I see any one that has been a ex champ wears them and not even in the age catogory or event they had the titel.

so? he can wear whatever he likes, as long as its not a UCI sanctioned race. Hell, I can wear SA champ stripes when i pitch at a funride if i feel like it

sometimes people moan about the strangest things

How does this stripes work? Or is this a stupid question?

And where does one wear the stripes?

You can only wear national champ colours in the discipline, speciality and category that you won them i.e. road national champ can only wear colours in road race, TT champ in TTs, etc.

In the year following the victory you must wear the full SA champ jersey in all CSA sanctioned races in that discipline in the category in which you won it. Once there's a new champ you must wear the stripes when racing in that discipline.

If you win an age category other than Elite you can continue wearing the stripes while you still race in that category.

If you win the the Elite national champs title you can also wear the stripes when you race in masters categories in that discipline and speciality.

http://www.cyclingsa...shipJerseys.pdf

Edited by Edman

has been stripes?

jeepers dude - you obviously have no idea what you talking about or what it actually takes to become the wearer of such stripes. But ignorance is bliss

When you and your mates next see a guy walking past you with his 'stripes' on, immediately stop and say: "Still broers, daar gaan 'n man verby!"

Does any one know the rules on EX South African Champ Stripes and when they are allowed to be worn?

During spinning classes at the local VA.

When you and your mates next see a guy walking past you with his 'stripes' on, immediately stop and say: "Still broers, daar gaan 'n man verby!"

Spot on!

Dude, next time you win national champs, please don't bother wearing the stripes, ever!

But some people won the u/13 champs donkey's years ago and still wear the bands during the vet tours.

But some people won the u/13 champs donkey's years ago and still wear the bands during the vet tours.

Interesting point ...

In life, I have seen that cream rises to the top. If you won the under 13 champs many years ago, I bet that now as a 50+ vet you will still be in there at the front of the pack.

I would not be surprised if you won a couple of other championships along the way U/23, Elite, Vets 30-40, Vets 40-50 and now, kicking my ass in the Vets +50 Catagory.)