epic vs anthem

wapad

I have a giant anthem 1 how does that compare to the specialized epic the alu version I took the carbon one for a spin to get a feel for the brain, I was quite impressed they offered me a new alu frame for 16k

so how does the epic compare to the x1 which would be my instinctive choice I'm quite keen on the racing aspect and want to get into some stage racing

any comments...

Dude have a look at the Bottecchia Gardena Dual Sus Full Carbon.

I can do a deal for you on 1 at R17 000.00

It comes with a 5 year warranty. Completely hand built in Italy. Custom Orders so allow 3 - 4 weeks for delivery but well worth the wait

Have a look on www.bottecchia.com or I can mail the pdf catalogue to you

Regards

Kieran

082 858 6722

I have a giant anthem 1 how does that compare to the specialized epic the alu version I took the carbon one for a spin to get a feel for the brain, I was quite impressed they offered me a new alu frame for 16k

so how does the epic compare to the x1 which would be my instinctive choice I'm quite keen on the racing aspect and want to get into some stage racing

any comments...

If i had a choice i would get the morewood zula, perfect review in every mag local and intl.

Dont have 16k atm so i'm probably getting an anthrm x instead

the Zula is another option so I'll add that into the mix and those bottechias are also quite good looking but I would need a tst ride

I like that single pivot on the zula looks nice n easy to keep clean

any comments...

Wapad, I have both, my epic is a carbon otherwise the same as the Anthem, the ride is very similar BUT the brain shock system when set up properly makes long and stage rides less demanding on the body. Also no need switch levers whilst riding to get the best out of the rear shock. The Anthem is slightly more "relaxed", overall I prefer the Epic, but only with a small margin.

the Zula is another option so I'll add that into the mix and those bottechias are also quite good looking but I would need a tst ride

I like that single pivot on the zula looks nice n easy to keep clean

Before getting my Zula I had to evaluate my options as well. It all depends on the type of riding that you want to do.

For the serious XC or multi stage racer, get the Epic, 'dale scalpel or the Merida 96. They are designed for climbing and acceleration. If you do one or 2 stage races a year, do a race every other weekend or so and want to have good fun on the trials, get the Anthem or Zula. While the Zula is probably the heavier of all the frames mentioned, its rear suspension design makes it a winner. It probably has the best lateral stiffness in the rear from all the frames mentioned and with good clearance makes light work of trail riding, XC and marathons. I was also impressed with the Anthem. They got the rear suspension sorted out as the first models were poor in this regard.

Hey Morewood mad I was looking at the specs for the Zula the front fork seems very relaxed does this affect the speed and climbing ability of the bike but I get the idea that you can enjoy the trails more but I dont want to be buying a Trance. I have a 2008 Anthem with the old shock position and the aggresive head angle 72 degrees so the Zula seems very relaxed But I see the reviews are great.

I have a brand new Reba team to fit to whatever I get, I would nt be the racing snake type so this could be the one

Hey Morewood mad I was looking at the specs for the Zula the front fork seems very relaxed does this affect the speed and climbing ability of the bike but I get the idea that you can enjoy the trails more but I dont want to be buying a Trance. I have a 2008 Anthem with the old shock position and the aggresive head angle 72 degrees so the Zula seems very relaxed But I see the reviews are great.

I have a brand new Reba team to fit to whatever I get, I would nt be the racing snake type so this could be the one

The Zula is a pure bred XC bike, its not a trail bike like the trance. Desinged to accelerate like a demon, and climb the hills like a mountain goat. Most places will let you design whatever components you want on the Zula. I would either have the sid xx or the revelation on it ... if i had the cash. But the reba will do just fine. Most bike companies are abandoning the single pivot design. but the lead engineer at Specialized even admitted that morewood got the single pivot desing spot on.