Parlotones

Icepick

So the Parlotones played to a huge crowd last night and it was pretty awesome. The Black Hotels were also good but the imports from Brittan who apparently have sold 8mil albums were not that great.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeah?

The monotones can go back to germany or whoever will pay them the most right now. You get endorsements and then you get people willing to pimp out their brand at every opportunity. Giant mistake,I'm off to kfc

Oh yeah?

The monotones can go back to germany or whoever will pay them the most right now. You get endorsements and then you get people willing to pimp out their brand at every opportunity. Giant mistake,I'm off to kfc

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Agreed, they are frigging boring, Kahn or whatever he calls himself seems quite a nice dude but the band sucks, kudo's to them for getting so far but S.A. has far better talent than them.

Time for a rounder and a barrel.

Their "talent" is a manufactured product of a few people who actually have talent! They are pathetic and as for their "SUCCESS", there have been many more South African bands who have sold more albums and had more success locally and internationally.

I really like them. Contrary to the "artists who make money are selling their souls" approach - I think a band that manages it's money as well as it's music is great.

Go Kahn and co!

I do find the way he shakes his head on stage quite disturbing though - that much spasming cant be healthy!

I really like them. Contrary to the "artists who make money are selling their souls" approach - I think a band that manages it's money as well as it's music is great.

Go Kahn and co!

I do find the way he shakes his head on stage quite disturbing though - that much spasming cant be healthy!

They have sold out bigtime, I would use their cds in my garden to scare away monekys and birds.

Let's take a step back a few years,Robin Auld and Z-Astaire, The Psycho Reptiles, No friends of Harry, E Void, Petit Cheval, The Flames (quite far back :lol: ) Mauritz Lotz, Guy Buttery, Wonderboom, Nibs Van Der Spuy, Springbok Nudies, Seether (Saron Gas)and even Prime Circle, there is much better talent than this overrated band, but they are successful in that they are a POP band and have a fan base that will find their stuff pleasing and all that matters is that it sells.

However, I quite enjoy their version of Lisa se Klavier.

Well its radiopop so its always gonna be a split decision on their talent. I think they write excellent songs, and they are great guys. But unfortunately too many years of plugging away trying to get the big break they lost that thing called artists integrity.

Go watch their world cup video here

http://www.the-parlotones.de/

Its embarrasing.

In a similar way I think bryan habana does his brand more harm than good with those ridiculous OUTsurance ads. The gillette international guys would baulk if they saw it.

Let's take a step back a few years, E Void, Petit Cheval, The Flames (quite far back :lol: ) Mauritz Lotz, Guy Buttery, Wonderboom, Nibs Van Der Spuy, Springbok Nudies, Seether (Saron Gas)and even Prime Circle, there is much better talent than this overrated band, but they are successful in that they are a POP band and have a fan base that will find their stuff pleasing and all that matters is that it sells.

e-VOID - Showing your age their, I remember my sister loving them, lol :lol:

e-VOID - Showing your age their, I remember my sister loving them, lol :lol:

I was already getting old when they were a hit :lol:

lost that thing called artists integrity.

Exactly and that is what annoys me, if we cross borders and listen to someone like Spoon, Shearwater and Band of horses, then one can understand how music can be artistry.

Sorry for the hijack fellas' I am a sucker for all things music.

Let's take a step back a few years,Robin Auld and Z-Astaire, The Psycho Reptiles, No friends of Harry, E Void, Petit Cheval, The Flames (quite far back :lol: ) Mauritz Lotz, Guy Buttery, Wonderboom, Nibs Van Der Spuy, Springbok Nudies, Seether (Saron Gas)and even Prime Circle, there is much better talent than this overrated band, but they are successful in that they are a POP band and have a fan base that will find their stuff pleasing and all that matters is that it sells.

anybody remember:

falling mirror: jonny calls the chemist!

and yes who can forget evoid!! :D

when Metallica were here in 2006 I saw the Parlotones performed, thought "not bad" That was before they became an everyday Jacaranda Band. Now I think, urg. theu've done well for themselves. Saw them again in 08 at Hillfox. But now I wouldn't go there... But, they've made it and well done to them. Its not easy to get to the levels where they went in music.

anybody remember:

falling mirror: jonny calls the chemist!

and yes who can forget evoid!! :D

...but the chemist wouldnt come.