Ever wondered about these electric bikes?

Dan Dob

Hi Guys

Been riding around on E-bikes for the past few weeks (yes, yes I know-it's cheating!)

I put our impression down in a quick review here

Would love to see more cyclists on our roads-even if it's young pupils and old grandparents using motor assist!

Oh, and also, if you read our blog every now and then or appreciate whats on offer there, please vote for us in the SA Blog awards, of which we are finalists!

I think these are brilliant for commuting but don't agree that they are good for kids to get to school - at least not here in Pretoria! I used to ride to school here but is simply murder for parents to allow it now. Maybe elsewhere it's still ok? I don't think the taxis will drive better just because there are more kids on the road?

Good point there Starry nights. I was thinking more of Cape Town when I made that comment, but Durban and other small cities would also be OK. The roads aren't as busy (or fast) here and they have a good network of cycle lanes all over the place. A lot of them do need to be redesigned in terms of flow and access though.