Best Wife Ever

DMD 1

My wife knocked my socks off in a good way for my birthday present.

It all started with me buying myself a Truvativ nior carban raiser bar for my own birthday present. Its a super sexxy and 155 gram bar. I came home and gave it to the wife to pack in the cubboard so that the kids could give Daddy exactly what he wants for his b-day. No socks or undies please.

I had asked for a new helmet from the wife, she did not ask to many questions about what size brand and model so I thought no helmet, I might be getting some clothes etc.

The kids rapped the bar and decorated it in a gorgeous way with stickers etc, looked realy cute and the kids were stocked to give me, yet another MTb present.

Later that day the wife asked me would I like another present. Well hello there of course I would. So I was told to close my eyes which I duly did. When I openned them up all I could see was a bike box with the words MOREWOOD on it. Yes boys she had bought me a new white ZULA, my dream frame.

I had being eyeing out the frame for the past three months and was only planning to buy it in Feb 2011. As the topic tittle says BEST WIFE EVER.

Now the fun begins with the rebuild. Went to CWC online shop and got all the bits and bobs at a great price. Starting the rebuild tonight

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Damned you, Damned you for shamelessly gloating like that.

You better name that bike after your wife :)

Congrats and a belated happy birthday

Yep, but she only get's the medal for 2nd best wife. Mine bought me a Giant Anthem Advanced after I just finished Epic and now she just shelled out for a P3C so I can do IM.

That is absolutely awesome dude! :D

Best you get your head around spoiling the CR@P outta her! :rolleyes:

I did spoil her. As we share a birthday, yes it is very wierd sharing your birthday with your wife. Its never just about you or your day.

Getting back to spoiling her I bought her a new 2011 Silverback Ventura. Now I know you guys are going to compare a Morewood to a Silverback and say how could I be so cheap. Well as she is only starting out MTBing I thought i would get her a mid leval bike. The Silverback comes with great specs and beats all the other big brands out there buy at least 2 grand. Oh yes she was realy stoked to get her bike as well.

I did spoil her. As we share a birthday, yes it is very wierd sharing your birthday with your wife. Its never just about you or your day.

Getting back to spoiling her I bought her a new 2011 Silverback Ventura. Now I know you guys are going to compare a Morewood to a Silverback and say how could I be so cheap. Well as she is only starting out MTBing I thought i would get her a mid leval bike. The Silverback comes with great specs and beats all the other big brands out there buy at least 2 grand. Oh yes she was realy stoked to get her bike as well.

Glad she rides as well, so a MTB is a gr8 option ;)

I was thinking more a long the lines of a w/end away at "Phinda" or something like that :D

OK DMD you're wife really pulled one out of the hat this time!! That is the best gift ever! Hopefully I will see you on it soon!

I got my girl the nabraska (simply cuase i think its much prettier than the 2011 models) and she loooooves that bike. I took it for a spin when she wasnt looking and its an awesome machine dont let anyone tell you different.

Happy belated bday and enjoy the zula,

Dear Diary....

it is very wierd sharing your birthday with your wife. Its never just about you or your day.

cont'd

Dear Diary....

it is great that she has such a good job and can buy me such a great present.

Congrats dude !! Truly awesome frame. Truly awesome wife

Dont worry eggs, i just spoke to curlygirl and told her i spent all the money on a new bike frame, and I did'nt get killed, I put that right up there as if she made enough to buy the frame.

I know that if she could she would, sadly now she has to suffer through a water and bread month with me.

DMD 1 congrats bud!! Awesome bike and of course best birthday ever!!

Also if your wife is buying you a bike...Happy wife with the whole cycling thing!

10/10