Pregnant wife

Starvin' Marvin

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

She craves the credit card, and thats dangerous for my cycling budget.

Never give her the credit card boet, I only made that mistake once, if you buy her something you control the spending....and they say men are slightly smarter than goats. :)

Be sure to buy yourself something like.....i dont know a new saddle at the same time....she cant exactly be angry if you come home with something for her as well.

Seriously now....I am in the same boat as you mate....the mood swings are scary but I cant wait for the little one to arrive. Congrats

Pregnancy advice on a cycling forum.... Good luck Steven, sounds like you're gonna need it. :blink:

But whatever you tell her, don't tell her YOU need a break and therefore you are going cycling. It's not about YOU now. SHE needs a break and you are going to give het some space... Then take the bike and give her space :P

Yeah I can't wait either. The little one will be such a blessing. When is your wife due? Mine only next year. Planning on doing any races this year?

She craves the credit card, and thats dangerous for my cycling budget.

You must be mad boet, the credit card.

She must have another addiction that won't cost you that much :D

My wife craved for quinces- her clients brought her bags and bags of the stuff- had to hide it from her eventually as she would get major stomach cramps. :D

Yeah I can't wait either. The little one will be such a blessing. When is your wife due? Mine only next year. Planning on doing any races this year?

Also next year(Feb) so still a while, yea i might try and fit in a couple, been slack over winter though, fitness is way down.

My wife is 37 weeks pregnant & we dont have long to wait now. Best advise I can give you is to remain patient at all times. Plan trips around toilet stops & always remember she gets tierd really quickly, especially near the end! Taking extra responsibility by doing extra housework is a small sacrifice & it'll also make it easier for you to continue cycling/training keeping her & you happy. Time management is key though!

Lastly, enjoy every moment of the pregnancy.

Well ours is Wednesday and even though your cycling budget will become non existent, learn to include some cycling vitals in your little Hubbers monthly budget.

Like kiddies helmet, kiddies seat (which requires a new set of wheels and tyres as your current race snack ones are not safe for transport). Then you need to get lighter gear to make way for the heavier gear you need to haul for little Hubber, etc, etc ...

And the best part is when little Hubber is old enought to fetch your tools from your box when servicing the bikes. Then it even gets better because little Hubbre wants to be like Daddy so now you need to give him your tools and now need to replace them with some new ones ....

Well if you spent more time cycling and less time riding you wouldn't be having any problems right now. ;)

@ Thunderflash I'm now doing all the house work and don't complain one bit. Always told the day she is preggies I will do everything possible to help her. But she has told me "make time for your bike"

To the two dads to be:

Take all the chances you get to go cycle now before the little Hubber arrives. A pregnant wife needs more attention yes, but she can always go shopping with her friends or mother....whateva.

I didnt cycle when my little Hubber made his presence known, but studying while working. She managed to get through it. Just make sure she is well cared for, you're always within calling distance, and on your off days, take her somewhere nice.

When the little Hubber arrives, time for cycling will be a lot less than now. But as you both said, it;s an amazing time. My little Hubber is now a 19 months old busy litlle boy. We made an arrangement that I cycle on certain days only and she goes to gym on the other days.

When mommy's at gym, I take my son to the garage, show him my MTB, let him "help" me with whatever. When his big enough, the interest will be there and we will go cyling together.