CW Cycles - Thanks for making my weekend!

Mojoman

Seeing how its getting hotter and my old el cheapo Raleigh hydration pack was done for, I decided to treat myself to a new pack. I had a look online and saw a Lobo that I thought was a good buy from CWC, but I am a bit of an impatient guy so I went to Sportmans, they had a mediocre selection and the prices were a bit steep, I then went over to Cajees at Princess Crossing. The Lobo was priced at just over R1500, I told the salesman I had seen these at R499 (+R60 for shipping), he went to speak to the owner and they brough the price down to a grand. I said no thanks, came home yesterday afteroon, ordered the Lobo from CWC around 2pm and now, 24 hrs later, I went to collect my Lobo in Magaliesburg, Gauteng. That is exceptional service and shows that your Cajees etc, if they do not start waking up with prices and service, will find themselves getting less and less market share. If I can order from CWC at a fracion of the cost and within 24hrs my parcel is here, why should I bother supporting the LBS? Once again, thanks CWC, I am off to test it out in an hour! :D

Mojoman, had a similar spectacular experience with CWC, but mine's even a bit better.

I ordered my Camelbak at 14:30. paid the R80 postage and it was delivered to my door 08:30 the very next morning. CWC certainly got my vote

Also proves that when you Gauties need anything done, it's only the Kaapenaars who can do it properly.

Its just the weather you guys can't sort out! B)

Also proves that when you Gauties need anything done, it's only the Kaapenaars who can do it properly.

And QUICK! :lol:

CWC is a good store. Had a bit of a hiccup with my first order from them, which I wasn't happy about, but the second was perfect.

I think they set a great example for bike shops around the country. There's no reason why places like Cajees should charge the crazy prices they do, when CWC can deliver excellent products at the prices they do.

Keep it up :D

The only thing I wonder about them is their postage charges... and someone can step in here and shed some light on things for me. When I order from other online shops in Cape Town, they charge R30 to ship to Sandton. But the CWC shipping (from the same courier) is R80.

My only gripe, sorry to down the positive mood a bit :P

It that online shop maybe Kalamari.net or Take 2? I guess then it's the fact that they send 2000 packages up country a week and CWC only 20.

Well postage seems to have gone through the roof this year. I've noticed my SAPO parcels are now costing more than double this year than last year.

Guess some retailers prefer to work it into their pricing because I'm not convinced a courier can deliver a parcel for R30 even in bulk.

It that online shop maybe Kalamari.net or Take 2? I guess then it's the fact that they send 2000 packages up country a week and CWC only 20.

Ah, see, I hadn't thought about that. Schoolboy error hey! :rolleyes:

For me I will happily pay the R60 (To my Post Office or R80 to my door), then again I am almost 55km from my nearest bike shop so it would cost me the same in petrol money, not to mention the annoyance factor when I get there and the LBS does not have what you want! Anyway, just got back from my ride and what a treat, water still ice cold after 2 hours!