Commencal Meta 4.2

AndreZA

<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

http://www.hargrovescycles.co.uk/images/COMMENCAL/big_mtb_meta_420_00.jpg

Last week I asked Jean-Luc from Commencal if they?re gonna be at the Spring classic with demo bikes to try. He then offered me, without knowing me from a bar of soap, a bike to use in the race.

With a few correspondences regarding size, weight, pedals used and requiring slime in the tubes all was arranged.

I pitched there early yesterday to find a super sexy pearl white bike all lubed up and shocks pumped. Only had to set the seat height.

Just going around the parking area the thing felt amazing. Was looking fro rocks and bumps on purpose to ride over.

Okay, so the race starts and we?re off. In crazy dust, can hardly see in front of you I kemp my fingers on the Formula Oro brake levers. They grabbed like a bull terrier would grab a little kitten that?s been taunting it a weeks now. I quickly got use to the relaxed head angle and super wide bars. The little ruts and corrugated sections were never felt. The shocks just ate them up. The bigger jumps were amazing. With trying to fly, I did. With every jump I went further and higher and getting more momentum for the next one. The TT Larsens confirmed my hate for them and I had to take it easy around corners. Going up a steep section I never had wheel spin. When I hammered on the pedal, the back would drop and dig in. With the general pedalling I never felt any bobbing. I even looked to see if I could see any, but nothing. I had to remember going downhill that I could actually sit down and did not need to stand so that my legs absorbed all the bumps and thus I could go faster and recuperate. No more hot spots on the balls of my feet.

One thing I also did not like was the SRAM (not ES-ram or SHRAM) gear system. It had X7 shifter paired with a X9 rear derailleur. Having to use my thumbs to do both up and down shifting took getting used to right to the end. I even unintentionally shifted down because the lever is taking up so much space. I like my Shimano more.

In brief I think they should split races in HT and FS because you have so much more advantage with a FS. If not, then they should put SS also in the same categories. It comes down to the same disadvantage.

I will be getting a FS and with the service I got from Jean-Luc and the the very friendly racers at their race camp, it will probably be a Commencal.

No, if someone just would buy my bloody Equinox wheels!

I'll take your wheels........got a spare R1500.00 lying around

Then I guess it's gonna be lying around a bit longer.

Not as long as there is one Morewood left !!!

Or a Giant ;)

have to saw saw two white morewoods at the spring classic yesterday, think it's those two guys on supercycling...very, very, very nice...Clap

Anyone willing to sponsor an overweight, not so fast but willing to try, wannabe MTB'er (i.e. ME) a  nice Morewood?

ewep2007-09-03 04:14:31

I was talking bout the kiddies bike !

BWAHAAAAAAA, BOO HOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, I don't wanna kiddies bike!!!!

I was talking bout the kiddies bike !

BWAHAAAAAAA' date=' BOO HOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, I don't wanna kiddies bike!!!!

[/quote']

http://www.thisnext.com/media/230x230/like-a-bike-mountain-stage-III_F74DB1FB.jpg