Sigma computer/hr monitor

stewie911

Looking at buying a Sigma Rox 9.0, which gives hr as a persentage. It has altimeter, cadense, etc. Sigma ROx 9 link

But I heard today that sigma products gives lot's of problems.

Who has been riding with sigma computers and what's your opinion?

Looking at buying a Sigma Rox 9.0, which gives hr as a persentage. It has altimeter, cadense, etc. Sigma ROx 9 link

But I heard today that sigma products gives lot's of problems.

Who has been riding with sigma computers and what's your opinion?

I've got three and the only problem I've had is the rate they go through batteries (maybe 4-6 months a pop depending on use)! However, with so much functionality, it's probably not surprising.

Otherwise the give me everything I need and I'm a happy customer

I've had a BC1609 and recently got a rox 9 with a bike I bought. Just had some trouble in the beginning with sync issues of the sensors. I since figured it out and it works Cool.

I fell the other day and the HR sensor got a knock and now it does not work. I've since ordered a new one.

Sigma is not that bad. :lol:

Happy with my sigma bc 2006 mhr. Only problems I've found so far. Sometimes the computer loses signal from the chest strap and the speed pickup. Not often though. The computer is very easy to knock out of the twist lock system. But otherwise very happy with it.

I had some problems in the beginning with my PC9's heart strap. Found the solution: always wet the strap before using. Improves the contact.

I also replaced my battery after 6mths but then again they are cheap (R15).

Even though I've got the entry level Sigma, I will gladly buy another Sigma.

I'm planning on upgrading to a rox9. PLease send me some info once you recieve it. One thing my Sigma lacks is the cadence function. Good choice on the Rox 9.

Very happy with the Rox 9 and all the download cables etc come standard. The 2nd bike kit also worked out very cheap by Polar's standards for just the download dongle!