new web site Intersting idea..

Colnago

I do BOTTECHIA mainly :)

Have you seen the specials running today? BOTTECCHIA 8Avio for R12000 and Gardena for R15750 B)

Other than that, most other cycling components hey B)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Crack

Sorry I never got back to you mate. Unfortunately Cool Heat Agencies wont supply to me as yet as I do not have a showroom at the moment :( Apologies

i.e. they wont supply to online shops?

w.t.f. has a showroom got to do with anything?

Question:do these websites hook you up with the shop giving the best deal (like hippo.co.za) or do you then buy it from them not knowing which lbs was involved?

Exactly. Cool Heat Agencies and Paragon (KCNC, Aerozine,etc) will not supply to me even if I have an Online Store. You need to have a physical real life showroom... I can sell waaaaay more from an online store than I could from a physical one... just a thought

Question:do these websites hook you up with the shop giving the best deal (like hippo.co.za) or do you then buy it from them not knowing which lbs was involved?

Good Question - I think they need their cut. So they would get a price and put their mark - up and then give you the price :unsure: Maybe you would just go pick up your goods from the shop - So it kinda stinks of price fixing again. All speculation on my part though ;)

my word kieran. Those guys are operating in the stone age. Dont they get enough mileage from existing brick n mortars? If you are able to, ask them what the real story is behind insistance on a built structure as opposed to a virtual store. maybe they should offer rental subsidies to go along with that stone age strategy.

Do they say why you HAVE TO HAVE a showroom?

I mean do they supply a reason that is easy to understand?

I would love to say, 'Oh! OK. I get it!'

Or is it just to protect the brick and mortar stores?

Coolheat goes through patches where they are out of stock on basic stuff - can they really be that demanding?

(lets not get into pricing)

Again this is bollocks - Why cant you sell their products anywhere and by any means. Just shows how all these agents, LBS and middlemen are all havin a price fixing/colluding orgy.

Ya I'm as clueless as you guys are... :angry:

They have a whole bunch of reasons and these change daily. I either need a brick and mortar showroom or a warehouse with a minimum of 65 frames in it... Uh the bikes I sell are custom made to order... slight problem there!

Oh well. If they dont want me selling their product, I simply wont B)

Ya I'm as clueless as you guys are... :angry:

They have a whole bunch of reasons and these change daily. I either need a brick and mortar showroom or a warehouse with a minimum of 65 frames in it... Uh the bikes I sell are custom made to order... slight problem there!

Oh well. If they dont want me selling their product, I simply wont B)

Its just ridiculous - Just stinks all of this :angry:

Its just ridiculous - Just stinks all of this :angry:

Suppliers trying to protect their retail market, such an old school way of thinking. Maybe sites like these new ones will change this archaic way of doing business.

Well so much for these websites - Its day 3 and still not heard anything.

Not very good service :angry: Waste of time if you tell me