Worst race in my life

Sabre484

I'm not sure if anyone out there feels the same but the Rotary 100 from this weekend must have been the worst race I have every done.

Traffic was hectic on the route. Marshalls was shocking.. Some of us ended up riding an extra 20km. Some of us less. They had no cutoffs...

It was a bit deurmekaar...

My experience was the complete opposite! I thought the race was very well managed. We had no issues with the marshaling. We jumped at 6:50am so traffic was quiet. My guess is that there was probably more traffic for the guys that went off later, what time did you guys jump?

epoh2007-09-03 12:01:30

Mate - you needed to ride the first of the Landrover MTB series in KZN.  Race started 40 minutes late because the organisers took a chance and put the markers out the night before.  Those were promptly stolen.  Race then started with 2km of tar WTF?  First section was cool but they took us right next a sewerage farm - again WTF?  Then all hell broke loose because no-one knew where to go.  Some guys like me did 35km on lap 1 (of a 2 lapper 42km race!!), others did 9km on their first lap.  Halfway through one of the loops, I came across the top KZN riders on a dirt path going in the opposite direction.The main race wasn't the only problem - the 10km race took the kids (on our route) up a 20% sandy climb.  There were 6 year olds bawling there eyes out everwhere.  That is a poorly organised race. 

One of the flattest MTB race the Walkerville saw me suffer the most . Must have had something to do with the 6 hour AR race I did the day before .

My experience was the complete opposite! I thought the race was very well managed. We had no issues with the marshaling. We jumped at 6:50am so traffic was quiet. My guess is that there was probably more traffic for the guys that went off later' date=' what time did you guys jump? [/quote']

It seemed fine for the front guys, but us slower folk at the back it was a bit otherwise. A friend of mine was one of the back markers and would have done a 4:30 on the 96/98 but was picked up by the pickup vechile because she was too slow. Otherwise she could continue but without marshalling..And without route signs.CryVery daunting thought for a you lady to be left on a race and not knowing exactly where to go.

One of the juniors ended up doing 125km because he took the wrong turn at a Marshall.

You must remember that the "pro's do these routes very fast. On the satelite road we found some guys on motorbikes coming past at tremendous speeds....The road up to the harties T junction was also quite busy. 

So by the way was the lady that won Cherry???Not sure about the spelling...If it was her well done. 

Cool, yeah they should have been more patient with the slower guys considering it was not the easiest route. The lady winner was Cherise Taylor.