feet hotspots

I get pain in my left foot after about an hour of cycling. (hotspot).

It occurs on the ball of my left foot in line with my three middle toes. not the pinkie or big toe.

It is very sore and it feels as if someone is poking hot coles into my toes.

This only happens on my left foot and it happens with my mtb shoes (specialized), my road shoes (Sidi) and even with my running shoes on the spinning trainer in the Gym.

does anyone know what the cause of this pain is and also how to cure or prevent it.

Ronelle, thanks.  I have the same problem in my one foot.  I think it's probably from a bad injury quite a few years ago.  Need to get to a podiatrist at some stage.

Rather take Ronelle's advice - she's the expert!

Yeah, mortons neuroma can be cured via:

Changes in footwear. Avoid high heels or tight shoes, and wear wider shoes with lower heels and a soft sole. This enables the bones to spread out and may reduce pressure on the nerve, giving it time to heal.

Orthoses. Custom shoe inserts and pads also help relieve irritation by lifting and separating the bones, reducing the pressure on the nerve.

Injection. One or more injections of a corticosteroid medication can reduce the swelling and inflammation of the nerve, bringing some relief.

So point one is out for obvious reasons.

Point 2  is the inserts that im gonna try.

Point 3 is what i will try if point 2 fails.....

Ronelle' date=' thanks.  I have the same problem in my one foot.  I think it's probably from a bad injury quite a few years ago.  Need to get to a podiatrist at some stage. [/quote']

Klink soos n verskoning vir 6 Oktober.....

Ronelle' date=' thanks.  I have the same problem in my one foot.  I think it's probably from a bad injury quite a few years ago.  Need to get to a podiatrist at some stage. [/quote']

Klink soos n verskoning vir 6 Oktober.....

O nee, ry al 'n paar jaar so, so is nothing new.  Maar, EK GAAN HOM BREEK!!!!!!!

Need to get to a podiatrist at some stage.

I think you need to rather see a paedotrician you plonker Dead

I think he'll need to see Lance for some climbing tips...LOLLOLLOL

I think he rather needs to see Lances doctor if he needs help climbing

At least I'm not scared of downhills!!!  Ole' doc Ferrari might be able to help me, but there's NO help whatsoever out there for you!