Cyclepowermeters.com

FrancoisO

Never used them before.

Which power meter are you looking at? Their SRAM Quarqs cost the same as CRC and their Powertaps are about 12% cheaper than CRC.

If your're looking at a Powertap, consider getting it locally. Last time I checked, the local prices were in line with CRC's.

Never used them before.

Which power meter are you looking at? Their SRAM Quarqs cost the same as CRC and their Powertaps are about 12% cheaper than CRC.

If your're looking at a Powertap, consider getting it locally. Last time I checked, the local prices were in line with CRC's.

I was thinking of the SRAM Quarq's, they are actually cheaper than CRC, because the price that they qoute is 17.5% tax included, and if you change your country to SA, it costs something like R13200. I think you still need to pay the 15.4% tax on this. Have anybody worked with the Quarq meters before? Would like to see all the data when i race aswell.

As far as I could see, both have the Quarq for £1394.99 incl. UK VAT.

A useful tip for UK shops: UK VAT is 17.5% and the net markup to buy from oversees is also around 17.5% (if you include SARS VAT and the standard rate most credit card companies charge for forex conversion). So if you convert the UK incl. VAT price directly to ZAR it gives a very good estimate of the exact landed costs. It's even easier on CRC: while you're browsing, set your currency to ZAR but your shipping location to UK. The ZAR price it then displays includes the UK VAT and is almost exactly what your total landed cost will be.

Have anybody worked with the Quarq meters before?

I have had mine now for a good 7 months. Works fine. Good data training and racing. Paired with a Garmin 500.

I use Trainingpeaks as a software package.

I have had mine now for a good 7 months. Works fine. Good data training and racing. Paired with a Garmin 500.

I use Trainingpeaks as a software package.

Did you bu in SA or at CRC, because i hear that SRAM does not bring it into SA

Did you bu in SA or at CRC, because i hear that SRAM does not bring it into SA

The SRAM Quarqs come in to SA through the normal SRAM suppliers. You can get them from Cycletech in Kyalami and I'm sure there're other places around.

I had a look at one yesterday. Very pretty, though the Red chain rings would look a bit out of place with a Campag groupset.

The SRAM Quarqs come in to SA through the normal SRAM suppliers. You can get them from Cycletech in Kyalami and I'm sure there're other places around.

I had a look at one yesterday. Very pretty, though the Red chain rings would look a bit out of place with a Campag groupset.

How do the prices in SA compare to CRC for that crankset?

Never used them before.

I bought a Powertap Elite+ wheelset (Mavic Open pro) from Cyclepowermeters.com during July. They were running a Tour special. With priority delivery it came to to 585 pounds (ex VAT). Arrived in 5 days. Can't see any LBS coming anywhere close to this.

I bought a Powertap Elite+ wheelset (Mavic Open pro) from Cyclepowermeters.com during July. They were running a Tour special. With priority delivery it came to to 585 pounds (ex VAT). Arrived in 5 days. Can't see any LBS coming anywhere close to this.

That works out to around R7700 (inc VAT) which is within 10% of what my LBS said the insurance value of my MOP Elite+ wheelset is. I still maintain that, for Powertaps at least, local is a viable option.