Are you keen on dating an ENDURANCE ATHLETE ???

fandacious

A dating guide to understanding your triathlete (or runner orcyclist...)<b>

"I am an outdoors type of person."Really means: I train in any type of weather. If its raining, snowing, 90degrees w/100% humidity, or winds gusting at 30 mph. I don't want to hear anycomplaints because I will still train in it and you're just a big wuss forcomplaining about it.

"I enjoy riding my bike." Really means:With or w/o aero bars, alone or in a peloton, I don't care. If you can't do aspur of the moment 30 miler then you're not my type. I will let you draft, butif you can't hang and I drop you - I will see you later. I am a capablemechanic, but don't expect me to change your flats or tune your bike. You needto learn that on your own.

"I enjoy jogging." Really means: Letsrun hills until we puke. I have just as many shoes as you only mine are betterbecause they are functional and all look the same.

"I enjoy dining out." Really means: Ienjoy eating out, in or anywhere else I can find food. Don't be shy becausewith the amount of food I eat, you can have that main entree instead of a saladand you will still look as though you eat like a rabbit in comparison. Don'tget your limbs too close though as I may take a bite out of you. Mostimportantly don't expect any taste off my plate unless you can bring somethingto the party like more food. Eventually though if your not burning 4,000+calories a day your going to plump up and have a terrible complex due to watchingme eat deserts and not gain any weight. Friends and family will eventuallydecide not to dine with us anymore due to my horrid table manners. Oh, anddon't ask me any questions during breakfast, mid-morning snack, lunch,afternoon lunch, dinner or recovery dinner as it does not lend to efficientfood intake.

"I enjoy quiet walks on the beach."Really means: Walks on the beach warming up into an 8 mile run and thenplunging myself in the ocean for a 2 miler. If you get in my way you're goingto find out what mass start is and let me assure you that you don't want tofind out.

"I find fulfilment in charitable work."Really means: If I am not racing, I am volunteering or cheering on my buddiesand I expect you to be there along side me as I stand out in 90 degree weatherfor 8 hours handing out sports drink to cyclists going 20 mph. Just stick theol' arm out there and hope it doesn't get taken off.

"I enjoy sharing quiet momentstogether." Really means: It's taper time. Just back off because I am strategizing,trying to get into the zone and in a pissy mood because I am worried about my"A" race and can't workout.

"I am an active person." Really means:Aside from my 40 hour job, and the 8 mandatory hours of sleep a night. 10 hoursa week are devoted to me during the off-season and 20 during race seasonleaving us 4 hours. 2 of which are spent inhaling food and you not talking tome, so lets make the best of the 2 hours we will spend together on average eachday.

If you are a licensed message therapist or doctorthis would make the most optimal use of our time together. Nutritionist is alsoacceptable, but I probably already know just as much as you.

"I enjoy road trips and vacations."Really means: You have your choice of British Columbia,Wisconsin, Idaho,Florida, California,Arizona, and New York, but don't expect to do much siteseeing. But if I get enough support from you we might be able to include Hawaii in there.

"I enjoy site seeing." Really means:Lets grab a mountain bike and get our HR's up to 90%. There's plenty of time tolook around on the descent as trees and bushes whiz by you at 40 mph.

"I like stimulating conversation."Really means: while we are running, we can talk about food. Then we can talkabout how we decided what to wear on this run based on the temperature at starttime versus the temperature at the time we expect to finish, how horribly outof shape we are, how many miles we did last week, and how many we will do thisweek and next week. Then we can talk about food.

"I enjoy relaxing soaks in the tub."Really Means: I'm going to stop on the way home and buy two bags of ice, throwthem in the tub with some water, and sit in this torture chamber for 30minutes.

"I'm interested in photography" ReallyMeans: My camera is permanently perched a tripod in front of my trainer. Iobsess over taking photos of my bike position and analyzing them to get theperfect set-up.

"I'm into in technology" Really Means:My HRM and bike computer are my best friends. Until you can give me some harddata that can improve my training, don't bother trying to buddy up to me. Youcould one day break into the top three if you recognize and feed my dependancyby buying me more gear.

<br style="mso-special-character:line-break"><br style="mso-special-character:line-break"></b>