What Crankset

covie

Not sure why I should pay 1k more to save 30grams?

Shimano XT 2.2K 853g

Shimano SLX 1.2k 890g

Truative stylo3 1.3k 880g

Just recently bought a SLX crank to replace my old tired LX one and had the same question ... do a bit googling and you will find the SLX is rather a very good crank for the money

No complaints with the XT crank I bought this year. Then again, didn't have any complaints with the previous one. Just that the XT looks so sexy! :D

Have to admit a lot of people like the whole form vs function thing.

I pretty much only care about function :) what they look like is definitly worth 1k in my book. I also see the aerzine cranks same price as XT and 150 grams lighter.

Seen those Aerozine ones bend pretty easily.

Either SLX or Stylo in my opinion, XT is nice and all, but with the trickle down effect the SLX is pretty much XT from last season. And Truvativ stuff needs a specific BB.

I stand to be corrected, but the arms on SLX are twice as strong as the XT, and have steel pedal inserts. Hope that helps.

I stand to be corrected, but the arms on SLX are twice as strong as the XT, and have steel pedal inserts. Hope that helps.

The SLX arms are stronger, but only the double set comes with the steel inserts and heavy duty axle - I've got them and they rock. Save the extra grand for beer money.

Buy my XX crank @ R 2000 (the future...)

Already blew the household budget this month on a new anthem frame

Have to admit a lot of people like the whole form vs function thing.

I pretty much only care about function :) what they look like is definitly worth 1k in my book. I also see the aerzine cranks same price as XT and 150 grams lighter.

where were these "seen" ?