Been knocked down by a bus lately?

flymango

Well - it happended to my good mate Captain Dura yesterday morning on the corner of Sandown and the R27. Bus cut the corner turning into Sandown and knocked him over as he was waiting to enter the R27. Apart from a good couple of bruises and roasties he's fine. Bike a write-off. Bus had a dent. Quite literally by the grace of God!! Get well soon, buddy.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

over the weekend, similar incident with me, but i missed it by a few inches. was travelling along christiaan de wet towards northgate. as i crossed over beyers naude, taxi from the opposite direction on christiaan de wet cut on inside to turn into beyers naude. the other vehicles that we turning saw me and waited. the idiot in that taxi thought he could pass them on the inside and almost wiped me out.

not going to ride the route again. think i'm going to go back to kromdraai.

Glad he is OK.

Did the bus stop?

Yes, it did stop. Hit him full on from the front. Captain Dura will probably post a picture later.

Damn!! My thoughts are with him!!

This morning I cycled into stellenbosch and a Truck with a container load passed VERY close to me!! That side draft is a bitch!! Nearly pulled me off my bike...It was a nice wake-up call again.

Be vigilant out there!!

Oh yes, those busses. Because MR Driver thinks eish, my bus is big I can do what I wanto. Driver over anything. See how they drive on the N1 North in the mornings and then on Malibongwe. Get well soon.

Terrible to hear, on the way in today also heard a cyclist was knocked down this morning, its become such a common phrase in te traffic update.

I start riding into work next week... :(

is there a legal case to be opened against the bus driver??

i would like to see what at the consequences the driver has to face!!!

Respect for you roadies. I just dont have the guts to take on the traffic. Rocks and trees don't move and I'm the only lunatic on the road. Be safe.

It is hard to imagine that 1 idiot's recklessness can change your life and those around you in a split second!

He was very lucky, not so long ago a good friend of mine was not so lucky and was killed on the same road in Milnerton... went for a morning ride and never got back. Truck passed them too closely.

Wake up call for us all... Life is short, make the best of every minute!

On a positive note! NEW BIKE! YEAH! :lol:

Get well soon Captain! :)

Yes, it did stop. Hit him full on from the front. Captain Dura will probably post a picture later.

I would have loved to have been there to listen to the conversation with the bus driver.

I would have loved to have been there to listen to the conversation with the bus driver.

In his moment of shock he actually jumped up and tried to grab the poor guy. Bystanders actually had to seperate them. And then the pain set in. :lol:

In his moment of shock he actually jumped up and tried to grab the poor guy. Bystanders actually had to seperate them. And then the pain set in. :lol:

This I understand, many years ago I was knocked off my motorbike by a truck indicating right, and then as I moved left to come past (2 lanes) the muppet turned LEFT!!! Big removal truck, I went stright into the side. When I came to my helmet was off and in my hand ready to swing into the drivers head but everytime I tried to get up I couldn't,...broken leg! The adrenalin/shock certainly can make a difference!

No but the wife hit me for moaning about the price of her facial(R200)I just spent 2k on new sunnies, :lol:

Glad the Captain's OK. I guess it's a question of odds: if you were driving car, there's still as much chance of being killed by an idiot. I know I can't let thoughts of "possibilities" stop me riding; I'd go mad sitting at home.

Today was a most magnificent ride to work (only 4km though). The smell of Jasmine, the mountain looking beautiful, the air clear, the traffic quiet. Ah! What a life!

:o :o :o

very glad capt dura is ok.

yep, adrenaline does wonders... when the navara flipped my car all i wanted to do as i extracted myself from the wreck was bliksem the guy... unfortunately it took a few minutes to find out who it was and to get to him and as i was about to deck him one i caught a glimpse of my hand and how swollen it already was and that stopped me in mid-action. if the f-er had just been able to stop closer to where i'd landed and not about 50m up the road with 2 other damaged cars and angry drivers in between he would've had a lot more explaining to do to his bosses and other people.