import on frame

Sloggy

Hi Guys,

There's no import duties on a frame, only VAT. Try and import through a postal service, as they clear the stuff and handle the documents, because if it comes straight airfreight you'll pay a steep handling fee.

Hi Guys,

There's no import duties on a frame, only VAT. Try and import through a postal service, as they clear the stuff and handle the documents, because if it comes straight airfreight you'll pay a steep handling fee.

would DHL be included in the straight airfreight segment:rolleyes:

straight airfreight you'll pay a steep handling fee.

Do you mean courier? The UPS handling fee is R100 compared to Post Office's R25.

hey guys any idea what the import tax is on a single frame and the process is

docs i need to get

You must make sure the other spares you want to order cannot be construed to enable you to build a complete bicycle. If so you will pay import duties as on a complete bicycle. Frame alone Nil import duties but 14% +10% on VAT amount only as well as the shipping (courier costs)

purely on a frame is something cost 5000 the import tax would be 5000 + 14% = R5700 + 10% = 6270 is that correct

or am i being doff

purely on a frame is something cost 5000 the import tax would be 5000 + 14% = R5700 + 10% = 6270 is that correct

or am i being doff

You are almost there

Cost of frame - R5000

Add cost of shipping

When it arrives in RSA you should pay 14% vat on R5000 = R700 as you calculated. You now pay 10% on the R700 VAT = R70

In total you will pay R5000 plus shipping. On arrival you will pay R700+R70=R770