Wheel Alignment: Race vs Training wheels

Ntense

Ah, another post to show my ignorance... <?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I've recently added a set of Zefiro K52 clinchers to our set of toys. (Thanks Hype!!)

The idea is that these would serve as "race" wheels, performing their duty on either a Cervelo or Bianchi, depending on the level of pooh I'm in with the missus... Wink

My pre-race bike checkup time has grown with about 30mins, owed to installing the race wheels on a bike and re-adjusting the derailleur stop screws and cable tension to align the gears.
(Uh, add the same time at post-race setup for the indoor trainer...)

Is it possible to adjust the three rear wheels so they fit perfectly irrespective of bike and wheel combination, without adjusting the derailleurs each time?

Is it a simple case of adding a spacer to the cassette?

Both bikes are Campy 10spd, Cervelo running with Easton/Velomax Vistas, Bianchi running with campy vento's, and the Zefiro's have American Classic hubs.
Ntense2007-09-04 05:37:03

I used to have two different wheel sets and NEVER needed to adjust anything. Maybe it's a Shimano thing.

Same here - also had  two sets with Shimano hubs with a previous bike - no problems swopping them ...

Sounds hectic. I swap between Campy Neutron training & Reynolds Stratus race wheels without any derailleur adjustment - (campy casette)
Christie2007-09-04 05:53:37

There shouldnt be a need to tweek the settings of your back derailleur, I use  Campy record and have 3 sets of wheels that I swop all the time. I go between Zonda's with 25/12 Kysrium's with 25/12 and race on Bora with 23/11.