Extentions to Meerendal MTB trails

dirtman

We (Tygerberg MTB club)have just built a new 2km piece of Singletrack coming down from the very top of Meerendal koppie and linking up with the single track at the top of Stairway to Heaven. The singletrack needs riding in, so we invite you all to head for the hill and start packing down the track as much as possible as soon as possible. We haven't built any berms yet, so going round the bends is F-U-N!

To get to the start of the new section, just follow the jeeptrack (green route) straight up to the very top of the hill and you will see the start of the new single track.

Do you still do evening rides on thursdays and can non club members join on thursdays? (if they still happen)

Do you still do evening rides on thursdays and can non club members join on thursdays? (if they still happen)

Evening rides still on - but only for Tygerberg members

To get to the start of the new section, just follow the jeeptrack (green route) straight up to the very top of the hill and you will see the start of the new single track.

So, do you follow the green route (markers) until you get to the top? or do you just go straight up the main jeep track?

So, do you follow the green route (markers) until you get to the top? or do you just go straight up the main jeep track?

The choice is yours - you can follow the green route and just keep on going to the top and not turn right out of the jeep track where instructed to do so, or you can follow the red route till after Stairway to Heaven and turn left up the hill when you reach the jeeptrack crossing.

The extension will be marked as a "blue loop" extention from the red route within the next week or so.

The choice is yours - you can follow the green route and just keep on going to the top and not turn right out of the jeep track where instructed to do so, or you can follow the red route till after Stairway to Heaven and turn left up the hill when you reach the jeeptrack crossing.

The extension will be marked as a "blue loop" extention from the red route within the next week or so.

nice one, i think i'll do option 2 this weekend, thanks ;)

rode it this morning - 2 thumbs up! flippen gnarly jeep track up though, eina, but so worth it on the way back down. track definitely needs riding in and a couple of berms - had some lekker sideways sphincter puckering moments :o

PS. Dirtman, Brent's bridge has a busted plank, and the mini-bridge after it seems to be missing a plank completely

PS. Dirtman, Brent's bridge has a busted plank, and the mini-bridge after it seems to be missing a plank completely

Have replaced broken plank on Brent's bridge this morning around 10 am (still need to nail it down - did not have hammer & nails with me as I was doing a morning ride), and have removed mini-bridge completely (is dry enough there at the moment)

Have replaced broken plank on Brent's bridge this morning around 10 am (still need to nail it down - did not have hammer & nails with me as I was doing a morning ride), and have removed mini-bridge completely (is dry enough there at the moment)

No hammer and nails in your saddlebag? :D

radness - good on you! we passed through there 8ish. twas cold!