Joburg Niner dealer

Guttersnipe

Anyone know which shops in Joburg stock Niner bikes? I am experiencing an itch, which none of the shops close to me seems able to scratch. I gather Coolheat are the distributors, so I suppose anyone could source from them, but I'd prefer to talk to a shop that is committed to the brand.

Anyone know which shops in Joburg stock Niner bikes? I am experiencing an itch, which none of the shops close to me seems able to scratch. I gather Coolheat are the distributors, so I suppose anyone could source from them, but I'd prefer to talk to a shop that is committed to the brand.

I experience the same problem, I wander whether the change in seasons does not have anything to do with it? Maybe the tablet I should take is called "Gary Fisher" :)

I experience the same problem, I wonder whether the change of seasons does not have something to do with it?"Gary Fisher" :)

Tis the season to deplete global crabon fribbe stocks ... I'd try to ease the symptoms with a shot of cortisone, but don't want to get popped at the next of my frequent dope tests.

Got my Air 9 through Morningside Cycles.

Tx. I got an email from Niner saying they are now shipping the Air 9 Carbon framesets, and I'd like to at least put a realistic price on the fantasy.

Tis the season to deplete global crabon fribbe stocks ... I'd try to ease the symptoms with a shot of cortisone, but don't want to get popped at the next of my frequent dope tests.

Well.Guuud luck to you and your medicine,I hope you get cured soon. :D

Well.Guuud luck to you and your medicine,I hope you get cured soon. :D

A little birdy told me that 24 carbon airs have been approved for SA - back orders stand at 10 at the moment.

Should be arriving mid to end October.

The tough part is that I've always maintained a stricly "no carbon belongs on mtb" policy - how do I break my own (much publicised) rule and not look likea muppet????

A little birdy told me that 24 carbon airs have been approved for SA - back orders stand at 10 at the moment.

The tough part is that I've always maintained a stricly "no carbon belongs on mtb" policy - how do I break my own (much publicised) rule and not look likea muppet????

Dont worry about it Eldron Mampara is doing just fine after "converting" to ...... how did he like to put it .... plastic bikes :lol:

Dont worry about it Eldron Mampara is doing just fine after "converting" to ...... how did he like to put it .... plastic bikes :lol:

Plastic on the road is okay but I don't think it belongs in the dirt. Not if you go for a lie down every now and again.

Plastic on the road is okay but I don't think it belongs in the dirt. Not if you go for a lie down every now and again.

The way I have been going recently, it's definiitely out for me then...

:lol: till you converted there too Mampara! i felt the same way till i got my Carbon MTB

Paint it with Hammerite

Couldn't agree more - my Air 9 has a ding on the top tube from Rooiberg that would have cancelled a plastic bike.

I'm so vocal about carbon and mtb that when I put carbon cages on Kermit (my Kermit green Air 9) the okes ragged me so much I had to put Spesh thermoplastic ones on.

Do yourselves a favour though - there is a video of Chris smashing a steel and carbon fork with a hammer on the Niner website. Interesting to see the steel fork came out second best. The carbon fork had some minor cosmetic damage - the steel fork was well bent. Not sure you can count it as an emeprical test but the graphics sure are vivid!

Here's the link: http://www.ninerbikes.com/fly.aspx?layout=bikes&parts=true&taxid=222

Paint it with Hammerite

For every problem there is a solution!

Hammerite rocks - I once made a bookshelf out of plumbing pipe, joints and PVC weld - its certainly looks the business in cast iron hammerite!

Ahhh those were the days...

Carbon bikes definitely can take more abuse ! compared to the alu bikes. I ride a Bianchi carbon 26er and have crashed alot and hard and it still hasn't failed me yet !touch wood ;) they definitely absorb a lot more vibration too :)