Sram Force or Ultegra

Guest coenie

I can not decide between the Ultegra and Sram force groupset...any ideas?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just faced with the same issue and eventually settled on Ultegra. There are a few pro's and cons in both directions and ultimately depends on personal preference.

The Force is a bit lighter and apparently shifts quicker. Its noisier and the double tap system is not for everybody.

Ultegra shifts a bit smoother and in my mind looks better.

Because, it was a bit of a toss up, I eventually made up my mind based on the fact that I currently have the old Ultegra and never had any problems with it.

SRAM is the way! If you looking for a killer deal on a new groupset, PM me :)

I ride Red and it is the best shifting GS I have ever ridden. Simple to use and very effective. Yet to let me down :)

Ultegra, much smoother. BTW I ride Campaq, but also have the Shimano on the property and have tried Sram. I prefere the Shimano to Sram,remember I said "prefered" But Campy to me is still the nicest of the lot.

I went from shimano to SRAM force will never look back. Double tap atkes all of 5mins to master. Shifts far quicker. Marginally noiser than shimano but much later and far harder wearing.

like baie sukkel I ride Campag, although started out with Shimano many years back. ALl I can say is i know two friends who don't really enjoy the doubel tap system as "sometimes do not get into the correct gear" for the sprints.

If you are happy with your current Ultegra suggest you stay. What difference will a few grams make anyway.

how do you find riding in the hoods, which one is more comfy?

Love the look of Force, had the 2010 on. Bought a new bike with Ultegra (not really a fan of Shimano)but must say will not go back to SRAM soon.

You will not be sorry once you take the leap!

Go for the Force.

I was riding Shimano Ultegra when i was taking out by a car and by insurance paid out i went for a bike with SRAM RED and i will never go back!