maping out routes

vinylguy

hi all

so i want to map out the routes i ride... what is the cheapest way to do this?? ie want to map it out on google earth or something... something i can ride with that stores point ie co-ordinates etc??

Sorry I don't have a BB, I speak Android, but I'm sure the tech guys & girls on the Hub will be able to answer this.

If your BB (blackberry, not some new fangled SRAM pedal component)has an internal gps you can use www.sportypal.com. Not brilliant but you can at least get a google map.

Easiest solution would be to get a Nokia. Almost any Nokia has a built in GPS these days. :rolleyes:

Alternatively, you can always go the Garmin route, and get an Edge 500/305/705

That will allow you to download the routes you have already ridden onto you PC, and the file can then be exported to Training Centre, Mapsource, Google Maps or any other mapset you wish to use that is capable of receiving .gpx files.

You can also plan routes on Mapsource, import them to Training Centre, and from there send the route to your Edge, and you can ride the route you created.

Tyerone. Easiest way is to get a phone with gps. I use sportypal or gpsed with my blackberry. You can use any gps device that can output a .gpx or .kml file. These file types can then be imported in google earth or www.mapmyride.com

Seems like a good time to upgrade your bb to a newer model