Sport CV

vet pens

Can any help on what a cycling CV should consist of<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

give some info about yourself,general info like a normal cv,include a couple of intrests etc,make it intresting!then obvioously all your results,break it up into diff types of races,like road,mtb wateva u do,if you have any pics in magazines or results that were in newspapers include those too!good luck!

Guest colonel

Reagrdless of those things tell the sponsor what you are going to do for him and not the other way around, he wants a return on his investment for sponsoring you and your results are not that important if you can give him a return.

colonel, i agree, i send a letter to a co. asked them for a epic sponsership.

I told them were to read more about the race, but I told them what I will do to give them the exposure to match their contribution.

And I got a full sponsership... The whole 9 yards.

he-ha !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest colonel

100% Popeye, people or athletes in general think that cause they good or fast they must get free sh*t, which is sh*t cause most of them take and give nothing back to the sponsor.

Tell them what races you doing in the year, what exposure ie: mag coverage, tv, media, how many participants on ave for that events he will get and how you will promote his company by learning what he does so when someone asks what your sponsor is or does you are able to answer correctly and channel business his way.

Its not hard to do as long as you do it correctly there are alot of companies in SA with alot of money that they dont know what to do with. I have secured a R1,35mill sponsorship for my MX team next year and thrown in on the deal are flights to the Nationals around the country on the CEO's private Jet for the rider and 1 family member.

people or athletes in general think that cause they good or fast they must get free sh*t' date=' which is sh*t cause most of them take and give nothing back to the sponsor. [/quote']

I agree Colonel, I see this kind of thing all too often. I find that the worst of the bunch are the roadies strangely.

when I consider a sponsorship agreement, It has to tie in with a retail store because it has to translate into sales - and thats the bottom line.

I cannot measure potential exposure and all these othe BS marketing terms. Keep it practical and be repsonsible for your plan is my advice, that way you will be able to demonstrate your influence on the market.

Sponsorship is not charity, it is another avenue for me to get my brands exposed to as many people as possible.

if you keep this in mind, you should get a favourable response to your requests.

S