2nd hand road wheels.

Racer X

Okay, so my aging Ritchey Pro's are just about stuffed.

What can I get for between 2 and 3 grand? I'm 21 and broke at present so have some saving up to do. Just call this prelimiary research.

I think you'd be able to get a set of 2nd hand Easton EA70's for that price... or new EA50's (R2.9k new on buycycle.co.za). Easton's are my "intermediate" wheels and i think they are really great value for money.

let us know what you decide on getting B)

A set of really nice American Classic Victory will set you back about R3 000.00. I think I saw them at that price on www.buycycle.co.za

Okay, so my aging Ritchey Pro's are just about stuffed.

What can I get for between 2 and 3 grand? I'm 21 and broke at present so have some saving up to do. Just call this prelimiary research.

Hi Racer X,

I have Planet X Model B wheels, these will out last Easton wheels no problem. Strong enough to train on, fast enough to race on R1999.99

• FRONT HUB: Planet-X Superlight, black anodized, 20 hole, 100mm spacing, sealed cartridge bearings.
  • REAR HUB: Planet-X Superlight, black anodized, 24 hole, 130mm spacing, sealed cartridge bearings. Shimano/SRAM compatible.
  • RIMS: 20/24 hole clincher, black, 30mm deep aero rim
  • SPOKES: Black Pillar bladed, built radial on the front, 2-cross on both sides rear.
  • NIPPLES: Alloy
  • ACTUAL WEIGHT: Front - 705g Rear - 948g (1653grams per set) QR's - 105g pair

http://www.planet-x-bikes.co.za/images/products/Model-B.jpg

Hi Racer X,

I have Planet X Model B wheels, these will out last Easton wheels no problem, R1999.99

• FRONT HUB: Planet-X Superlight, black anodized, 20 hole, 100mm spacing, sealed cartridge bearings.
  • REAR HUB: Planet-X Superlight, black anodized, 24 hole, 130mm spacing, sealed cartridge bearings. Shimano/SRAM compatible.
  • RIMS: 20/24 hole clincher, black, 30mm deep aero rim
  • SPOKES: Black Pillar bladed, built radial on the front, 2-cross on both sides rear.
  • NIPPLES: Alloy
  • ACTUAL WEIGHT: Front - 705g Rear - 948g (1653grams per set) QR's - 105g pair

http://www.planet-x-bikes.co.za/images/products/Model-B.jpg

Oh YEAH - I'd get these B)

kiwi, your goods seem so well priced (and seem real quality as well). Out of interest - what warranty comes with Plant X merchandise?

Hi MariusL,

Two years warranty on Planet X wheels, frames etc.

WOW!

Racer X - get these wheels man, and you'll have change to get decent tyres!!! ;)

Hi Kiwi (sorry Racer X - need to hijack your thread here)

What do you have that is a bit more than R2000?

Was looking for a set of wheels myself and asked MariusL's opinion - he copied the post in an email and I reckoned I'd search you on the hub (was looking at Easton EA50's on buycycle.co.za).

What are the wheel's weight capacity? I top in at 100Kg's and want a lighter set of wheels than my 'training' wheels but don't need spokes to break (got a pair of WH 550's that a front spoke broke) - was not cool especially in a race and only being about 30Km in on a 100Km race.

Let me know what you have or are possibly getting in. thanks

Hijack end*****