Tyres and Tubes

AIRMAVRICK

Hi guys and girls,

I need help.... I bought an Anthem two weeks and loving it.

Yesterday I road at the MTN park and my front tyre folded going around a bend which resulted me in falling. Now I pumped these tyres up till 2 bar and there was no puncture. Why would it fold?

So today I cycled at redstone cycle challenege, and pretty much the same thing happened to me coming around a bend my back tyre did the same thing and I nearly fell. I checked both front and back pumped to 2 bar ones again it happened now front and back. So I pumped the tyre up carried on with the ride and about 4km later felt the tyre and it had lost air! so I pumped the tyre again and this happened three times, on the third time. while cycling the tyre burst. Stopped replaced the tube pumped it up... Carried on riding and about 3 km to go, my front tyre had a flat. Fixed that puncture. Pumped it up and managed to cycle my way in. Oh the replaced back tube was also losing air. 30 km in 2 hours :(

I did check the valves

Now is there something Im doing wrong?????? Or should I consider tubeless.???

Please any suggestions?

Thanks

is your rim / spokes perhaps not causing damage to the tubes?

but that tire bursting is a bit bizarre.

do u ride with a tire liner?

Damn, that's a pain in the arse.

Did you maybe pinch the tube when installing?

I had that and the tire held pressure initially, but was always flat after an hour.

Rear tire could have been a pinch flat.

Are you running slime tubes? The slime also helps in finding the holes.

Also, quality tubes are worth it.

Tire liners also make the tires more resiliant.

Best, got tubeless. Conversions work, but UST rims and tires seems like the best bet to me.

Always a bit worried about non-UST's "pulling" off during hard corners.

nice one slinger :)

now my follow-on question would be: what are the makes and models of UST rims, and tires out there.

to the OP, this is interesting reading if u thinking about going tubeless : click

btw: i've recently gone tubeless. my god the acceleration is awesome!

btw: i've recently gone tubeless. my god the acceleration is awesome!

+1

The difference between climbing with tubeless vs tubes and liners is astounding.

I don't know what tyres you are running but maybe try pumping them a bit harder, I read somewhere that one of the best ways to avoid punctures (with tubes) is to run the tubes quite hard. I usually have my tyres around 2.5bar. 2 Bar maybe low, especially if you are a heavier rider. I have also noticed that cheaper tubes tend to split on the seams quite easily and then you cannot patch them very well.

thanks guys for the replies, when I changed tubes I always run my hand on the inner to feel for thorns. didnt feel anything. Then when I install the tube and tyre I first pump it up a little to make sure the wall of the tyre doesnt pinch the inner tube.

I havent put lines in, but I was told there was slime in it.. Clearly not done!

I think I am going to spend the money and have tubless put in, the rims I have are Mavix Xm317 disc. will you be able to convert these?

Thanks

Do a conversion maverick, easy as pie...

I initially thought the biggest benefit would be from not getting punctures from thorns and pinch flats, but i would say the biggest for me is running at a lower pressure give you more grip that gives you more confidence and makes you a better rider... So its a no brainer, go tubeless