Tubless Tyres

Becksie

Is it worth convirting a mountain bike from tubes to a tubeless tyre set up? If so what costs are involved.

Just do it I reckon! Had a hard lesson on the virtues of tubeless this weekend!!

Be sure though that your tyres and rims can be converted to tubeless, otherwise that could end up a hard lesson on itself!

Just do it I reckon! Had a hard lesson on the virtues of tubeless this weekend!!

Be sure though that your tyres and rims can be converted to tubeless, otherwise that could end up a hard lesson on itself!

You mean 4hrs on a 35km race?

Will not go back to tubes.

Conversion kit not that expensive,however the tyres might set you back.I have Maxiss Crossmark (LUST) find it works for.Check CWC they have the best price

Rim tape and a valve and some joe's no flat. Is all you really need. He you really want a tubeless tire. Actually better with one.

Search on the hub for "Ghetto tubeless". I have done it and it works.

That said, I was running tubes with slime in them, and I never had issues. Quite honestly, I am not sure I can tell the difference, except that the tire pressure drops a bit between rides. I am not sure what I was expecting, but if I was faced with the same choice again, I wouldn't bother.

The ghetto works ok. But if you get a valve with rim tape and a tubeless tire. Works better than the cut up tube of the ghetto. And the Reason you go tubeless is the lower tire pressure and lower rolling resistance. I wont in back to tubes.

Search on the hub for "Ghetto tubeless". I have done it and it works.

That said, I was running tubes with slime in them, and I never had issues. Quite honestly, I am not sure I can tell the difference, except that the tire pressure drops a bit between rides. I am not sure what I was expecting, but if I was faced with the same choice again, I wouldn't bother.

First person tp admit this...I have been using slime tubes and never have problems. I have been reading all the discussions on pros & cons of tubeless and the only thing that comes up is the possibility to ride lower pressures...

So if you do not ride a lot in rocky areas it is not really a great benefit...I am now looking to purchase a UST tyre for my rear wheel just cos the non-UST have really soft sidewalls and I keep cutting them. Still going to put my slime tube inside it though.