BMW 3 series Coupe towbar hassles

L.T.G

A mate of mine has a 3 series coupe (current model) and the car has a removable towbar, but in order for it to work, the bumper has to be cut , or so he's been told.

I'm trying to get this sorted as I'm carrying our bikes all the time, and he can't transport bike unless I'm riding too.

Do any of you guys have a similar car, with a removable towbar fitted, without a cut up bumper?

or what other bike racks are you guys using that work.

ideally he's wanting to use a Thule express to transport bike around not any boot carriers.

(i know Roof is an option, but he's trying to avoid that route)

Thanks

It is removable - it just requires the lower edge of the bumper cut to accomodate bal and goose neck. maybe they can fit some kind of removable bit of bumper there so teh hole isnt visible when teh rack is off. Alternatively - tell him a coupe looks cool with a tow bar always on...

DONT KNOW WHERE YOU ARE BASED,BUT I TOOK MY BMW TO HATFIELD SOUND AND SECURITY 012 342 6003,THEY FIT ALL THE TOWBARS FOR BMW IN PTA.

THEY FITTED MY TOWBAR .......NO PROBLEM

ASK FOR SEAN

I have a removable towbar and use the Thule Xpress, didnt need to have the bumper cut. the BMW in Bedfordview organised it for me, not sure who they use but maybe call them, 011 201 0000 PM me if you need more info.

Oh BTW Mine, isnt coupe, its 4 doors, but I cant see that changing anything.

have same issues with convertible. i had to get a (excuse the expression) strap on rack !!!!

No scratching?

It is removable - it just requires the lower edge of the bumper cut to accomodate bal and goose neck. maybe they can fit some kind of removable bit of bumper there so teh hole isnt visible when teh rack is off. Alternatively - tell him a coupe looks cool with a tow bar always on...

I agree, with it being better with towbar on.

but i still think it's stupid that the bumper needs to be cut!

Get a differant car - problem solved :lol:

And will even come with indicators. But you will have to leave the attitude at the door.