Lone Rider

THE BODY CENTRE

Got this pic from a friend who has never before taken an interest in cyclists. Thought i'll share it here. Isnt it just beautiful? The warning of the curve, the road disappearing to who knows where, the lone rider ... and the trees almost providing shelter.  

20070905_141417_IMG_0494a.jpg
Ronelle2007-09-05 14:37:00

Looks like the road back from Majic Forest on the way to Durbanville?

Nice pic though
Willehond2007-09-05 14:22:26

I think the picture was taken in Centurion near the Irene farm!!!!

Am I right or wrong Ronelle

Wink

I think the picture was taken in Centurion near the Irene farm!!!!

Am I right or wrong Ronelle

Wink

you are wrong, i'm afraid Skye. (see a couple of posts up) But i can understand why you can mistake it for where that Taurus farm is in Irene .. the lush greenness!

Now you oaks know what is feels like to do mountain biking...just more fun..add dirt and mud ...and one BEEEEG smile on the oak's face and you have  the perfect MTB ride( just loose the tar)

mullet2007-09-05 14:57:20

Ronelle, your stunning pic remided me of a photo I took way back in 1994 whilst supporting four guys doing a charity ride from Lands End to John O'Groats.  Damn, do I now wish I had actually cycled back then!!!

20070905_151429_oldpic.jpg

that first picture is just after tiekiedraai, than right at the robot down towards tyger vallei

You should remember it from the old Sanlam / Burger, comming into Durbanville through the long trees and turn left down that narrow road.

hie-ha... wat wen ek as eerste prys? equinox wiele ????

dangerious road: Its dark through those trees, the photo do not show, but even on a shiny day, its dark through that area and side of the tarmac is broken up, (check the yellow line piece) some places its crumbled more and not little yellow line.

Its also a "MAIN" in and out road out of Durbanville. baie traffic.
popeye2007-09-06 01:17:14