Majik Forest, attacked by Dogs

Wannabe

Was attacked by two dogs tonite in Majik Forest at about 17h45. It was at the top close to the Power Substation. I was going up in the single track when these two dogs came out of the bushes and attacked me. As I was fending the one of with my bike, the other one snuck around and bit me on my left calve.

Think they might be strays, as the one had a length of chain around his neck (he's also the bugger that bit me). The dogs are a smallish mongrel, brown in colour, the "biter" is also a mongrel, with Alsation blood in it. Black/dark with shaggy hair.

It was the first time after the Burger I rode in Majik, and also the first day I left my Pepperspray at home. Sure I would have been able to ward them off with the spray..

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry about that mate- not the way you want to bleed when riding- coming short and bleeding on your knee or elbow you can live with, but dogs are another story. Must have been scary.

Strange thing is, they disapeared back into the bushes immediately after attacking me. Also no other cyclist around, but two guys came flying past me soon after. Did not even have time to warn them. I came home straight after that.

Washed the wounds immediately with water in my bottle, and disinfected it at home. Will go for tetanus injection tomorrow.

Get that tetanis shot asap, as there have been two cases (that I am aware of) of rabies reported recently (in Gauteng, at least). Best be safe.

damn not my favourite spot but did ride there a couple of times last week. Might be the farm labourers dogs?

Go for the shots, mate. Rather be safe than sorry.

Go now if you still can, that leg will be twice the size it is now from the swelling - Sorry to hear :(

that's the first I've heard of stray dogs at Majik and I'm there at least once a week. Will definitely take the pepper spray along and make sure it's readily accessible.

Thanks for the warning and hope you make a quick recovery.

pepper spray, cloud ammonia.. oh yes little pooch. pls try to bite me. get that checked out Wannabe. Maybe report the dogs as strays?

i'm still curious as to why they attacked you. Dogs dont just go bananas for nothing. Wonder if the 'owner' wasnt lurking around hoping u would ditch your bike then jack it.

Shocking story. Sorry this happened to you.

I saw Rambo bite off the head of a bullet; pour it in the hole, and light it with a burning twig.

But I recommend what the others have said. Get a shot. (not tequila)