SRAM Shimano Compatibility

Wheelsuck

Know that SRAM and Shimano are pretty much interchangeable but have a specific question about my tri bike that I am building.

Would Sram Force RD and FD be compatible with Dura Ace Bar end shifters?

I don't think so. I kmow you can't use shimano shifters on the Sram raod groups. Something about how the how the shifters have different cable pull ratio. Best thing phone Ian at CApe cycle systems and have a chat to him.

I know its slightly off topic, but given the choice (barring price) should a SRAM cassette be chosen over a Shimano cassette on a SRAM system? reason I'm asking is that I have SRAM but also have 2 brand new Dura Ace cassette's and dont want them to go to waste so to speak.

Wheel suck IAn's number is 021 761 3528. let me know what he says would be very interesting.

Rob says No way-the tesnioning on the cables and shifting makes it incompatible even if you try to index it. DAMN :angry:

Jatho no reason why you can't use the DA cassettes. I'm currently using a DA chain on my SRAM. Which sram group do you have?

RED. Yeah, I know it will work but will the SRAM cassette be better or is there no difference?

Thanks.

@stevie 69 see they are about R1100 ex Vat and at Less 20%-40% Special on CRC. So my thinking was to take my DA groupset from my roadbike, flog the shifters. Then transfer DA to Tri Bike, and buy the Force grouppo and put it on my Roadbike. If you look at some of the deals like what Kiwi has it makes sense?

Jatho always better to use sram with sram. The red cluster is a awesome piece of kit. Lighter and stiffer I've been told. The first 8 ratios are milled from a single billet. Maybe use th DA to train on and RED to race on.

RED. Yeah, I know it will work but will the SRAM cassette be better or is there no difference?

Thanks.

Define "better". Shifting will be the same. Red might last longer because it is all steel and not Alu/Ti like DA. But with DA is will be quieter. Heard that the hollow Red cassette makes quite a noise.

I would do that. SRAM force is the same if not lighter than DA groupo. The shifting on Sram is out of this work.Will take you all of 5 mins to get used to the double tap system.I was also hesitant whne I bought my bike with sram, but now I wish I had done it earlier.

Yeah thanks Steven confirmed my thinking.

I have XO on my MTB with twist shifters and will never ever change back, the 1 to 1 shifting is the bomb! So the next step is the Road bike.

Also heard that the Red cassete makes a noise.