MTB Route

gasant112

Was just wondering if anyone know if there is any MTB routes on the otherside of Slivermine..? When you exit from the Silvermine..the facing mountain...

Tokai - done

Silvermine - done

Mast - done

Thanks

Was just wondering if anyone know if there is any MTB routes on the otherside of Slivermine..? When you exit from the Silvermine..the facing mountain...

Tokai - done

Silvermine - done

Mast - done

Thanks

Have you done the wa pad down into the valley? Turn right at the Silvermine entrance gate and follow the path... you come out in the valley close to the old age home

Have you done the wa pad down into the valley? Turn right at the Silvermine entrance gate and follow the path... you come out in the valley close to the old age home

I think gasant112 is refering to the trails which can be seen from Ou Wa Pad. If you driving in your car in the direction on Long Beach. Go past the entrance to Silvemine on your right and just around the corner there is another entrance to the left. These trails can be seen down on the left just passed the above mentioned entrance when driving.

I think gasant112 is refering to the trails which can be seen from Ou Wa Pad. If you driving in your car in the direction on Long Beach. Go past the entrance to Silvemine on your right and just around the corner there is another entrance to the left. These trails can be seen down on the left just passed the above mentioned entrance when driving.

Thats the spot !!

Thats the spot !!

Nope - never ridden that side. Have a feeling it's dedicated hiking territory but may be totally wrong. I know people who have gone riding up above Boyes drive as well, which is on that side, but no idea how to get there.

Gesant - go for it!! If you don't get asked to leave, or cuffed, you can let us know... :D

Nope - never ridden that side. Have a feeling it's dedicated hiking territory but may be totally wrong. I know people who have gone riding up above Boyes drive as well, which is on that side, but no idea how to get there.

Gesant - go for it!! If you don't get asked to leave, or cuffed, you can let us know... :D

You very definitely MAY NOT ride on that side(Silvermine East).

Ride there and irritate the hikers, eventually we will lose Silvermine and maybe more.

boye's drive is legal, but since it's tar road, not sure what you'd find so attractive there.

You very definitely MAY NOT ride on that side(Silvermine East).

Ride there and irritate the hikers, eventually we will lose Silvermine and maybe more.

boye's drive is legal, but since it's tar road, not sure what you'd find so attractive there.

Hence the "never ridden on that side"... :-) not enough trees I could possibly crash into!

I know people who have gone riding up above Boyes drive as well, which is on that side, but no idea how to get there.

sorry reread this now. the access to that route is from ou kaapseweg, it is a jeeptrack that has two dead ends on it, and of course Illegal.

please don't ride there, we'll get the whole of table mountain eventually to be 90km of singletrack but you have to be patient with TMNP

sorry reread this now. the access to that route is from ou kaapseweg, it is a jeeptrack that has two dead ends on it, and of course Illegal.

please don't ride there, we'll get the whole of table mountain eventually to be 90km of singletrack but you have to be patient with TMNP

No worries, mate... although the stupid walkers who wandered through "Faerie Garden" and almost caused a nasty spill might read this too :o

what is this "90km" you are talking about? Clearly I'm not in with the regulars!

No worries, mate... although the stupid walkers who wandered through "Faerie Garden" and almost caused a nasty spill might read this too :o

what is this "90km" you are talking about? Clearly I'm not in with the regulars!

Please share and let us know ...