Man killed for his bicycle

epoh

Source: http://www.news24.com/News24/South_Africa/News/0,,2-7-1442_2178241,00.html

It is ridiculous the violent crime / murder / hijackings / rape/ robberies I see in the news these days.

Johannesburg - A man who was found shot dead in Durban's Warwick Avenue was killed for his bicycle, police said on Thursday.

Police spokesperson Inspector Michael Read said 33-year-old

Sibusiso Mtshali had been riding his bicycle at the Mayville taxi rank

in Warwick Avenue late on Wednesday when the incident took place.

"Two suspects had confronted him and wanted his bicycle. He was shot in the chest and the bicycle was taken," said Read.

Mtshali's body was found on Thursday morning by a passerby.

" We have not yet identified the two suspects but a murder investigation has begun," he said.

this is NOT GOOD, it can also not be race related because it was a Mr Mtshali's bicycle, what is our world coming to.  Please help what do we do from here on, this not a problem that is going to sort itself out

When we were cycling towards Alberts Farm on Tuesday evening, two guys who were on the trail warned us about proceeding because they had just seen two other guys on the trail with guns.

Needless to say, we turned around.

Why does it say Joburg - ... then talks about Durban? Warwick ave is indeed a dangerous spot.  Got chased by a gang of thugs there once.  Me and a mate was taxing home from Crash, the bastard driver dropped us off in the middle of the taxi rank cos we ran out of money.  I've never ran so hard in my life.  They stopped chasing when i hurdled a barrier straight onto the freeway.

nothing like the thrill of riding your bike with farmers shooting buck shot in your direction... now thats a rush! but seriously, you just gotta be alert, you can ride faqster than they can run, so ride fast all the time Smile

Why does it say Joburg - ... then talks about Durban? Warwick ave is indeed a dangerous spot.  Got chased by a gang of thugs there once.  Me and a mate was taxing home from Crash' date=' the bastard driver dropped us off in the middle of the taxi rank cos we ran out of money.  I've never ran so hard in my life.  They stopped chasing when i hurdled a barrier straight onto the freeway.

[/quote']

it's a sapa story. the datelines on all their stories in joburg, regardless of where in sa the content originates.

you'll see that most sa newspapers don't use datelines on sa stories at all.

as an aside, datelines these days are geographic markers rather than "datelines". in the old days they would carry where the story originated and the day on which the story was filed. foreign correspondents in africa all wanted to file from a town in the congo called banana. then the dateline would have read: "banana, sunday".LOLit was the title of a book written by a guy who lives in joburg called charles munnion (i think). sorry for all the useless infoLOL     
holy roller2007-09-06 05:35:22

malvb - jy kan vir die bliksems wegjaag, maar jy sal f.kken vinnig moet ry om vir hulle .38 of AK 47 rondtes weg te jaag. Die f.kken goed het geen siel nie en gee nie om wie of wat jy is nie. Hulle is laer as langk.k op die seebodem en verdien nie om om die aarde rond te loop nie, maar jy  kan hulle nie vrekskiet nie want ons "demokratiese governmunt" gee hulle meer raegte as vir jou wat belasting betaal en volgens die wet leef. En die regering sal niks doen om die wetteloosheid te stop nie want dit gaan beteken jy vat 99% van die bliksems se ondersteunersbasis moet toesluit of hang of vrekskiet en wie gaan hulle dan weer instem?

malvb - jy kan vir die bliksems wegjaag, maar jy sal f.kken vinnig moet ry om vir hulle .38 of AK 47 rondtes weg te jaag. Die f.kken goed het geen siel nie en gee nie om wie of wat jy is nie. Hulle is laer as langk.k op die seebodem en verdien nie om om die aarde rond te loop nie, maar jy  kan hulle nie vrekskiet nie want ons "demokratiese governmunt" gee hulle meer raegte as vir jou wat belasting betaal en volgens die wet leef. En die regering sal niks doen om die wetteloosheid te stop nie want dit gaan beteken jy vat 99% van die bliksems se ondersteunersbasis moet toesluit of hang of vrekskiet en wie gaan hulle dan weer instem?[/quote

ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap

yeah agreed apon!! just saying that it's south africa we live in, and we gotta realise that we live in a sick society... so we gotta be alert and not get into situations that are dangerous. if you think the area is dodgy you riding through, turn round. we cant blame the government for everything. you can prevent almost everything if you are observent. we just gotta accept that SA is SA...

we cant blame the government for everything. QUOTE]

Let's not go there...Smile The thing is you should not HAVE to be observant all the time, you don't HAVE to accept that SA is SA. I pay my taxes and I expect those bastards in charge to use it for my safety and well-being, not to enrich themselves and their buddies in Zim while we spiral down into a lawless society... OH sorry, we're already there...

ha ha! true true... see i dont pay taxes.... yet... so i dont think of those klinda things... lucky me... Tongue the prob is that the situation is bad and the only way that it would be changed is if everybody takes things into thier own hands coz lets be honest, if we dont, who will... the governmnet is too busy for the people... but thatg is sa for you... if we cant handel that then we would just have to leave, but i wouldnt, love the place too much.

ha ha! true true... see i dont pay taxes.... yet... so i dont think of those klinda things... lucky me... .

That makes you either a taxi driver, street vendor or student.

Sad to think how cheap life is in SA, highest murder rate per capita in the world.