Which Size to take?

GYM JUNKY

Hi, Solomans measured my legs and it works out exactly on a size 60, so I bought a Trek size 60, but the stem (100mm) is still too long and my back hurts..

Is it wise to take a size 58? Is it better to take a size smaller frame and then take a longer stem with the seatpost a little bit longer? or must I take a size 90 stem?

Personally I think a smaller bike will handle better...

Thanks

Marco

post-18045-043111800 1284466128.jpg

There was a topic not too long ago about this type of stuff..... and for the life of me can't remember what the link was. Here is something similar - http://www.brianmac.co.uk/cycling/bikesetup.htm

The problem with this type of thing is you cannot determine your setup on your in-seam alone. It is your whole body's anthropometrics that need to be taken into account.

Will search the HUB for the link......

I am enjoying that there are about three versions of this thread running concurrently.

None yet in Group Rides, Stole Bikes or Competitions.

Tomorrow maybe? :rolleyes:

HAHA! ja bikemonster I concur..... maybe the juice got to GYM JUNKY's head? :huh:

@GYM JUNKIE - pls keep it to one post of the topic....

There was a topic not too long ago about this type of stuff..... and for the life of me can't remember what the link was. Here is something similar - http://www.brianmac.co.uk/cycling/bikesetup.htm

The problem with this type of thing is you cannot determine your setup on your in-seam alone. It is your whole body's anthropometrics that need to be taken into account.

Will search the HUB for the link......

Thanks