Which GPS to get for MTB?

Arkadion

Hey guys

Any suggestions as to which GPS is considered awesome?

I hear a lot on this site about the Garmin 305 and ?700? There's also a Dakota and Oregon.

If money wasn't an issue whats the best to buy? Taking into account Battery life, Waterproof, Size and mounting options, as well as the quality and options for map display and route plotting.

Also, if I was to buy from CRC, I'm assuming I would need to get local maps too at an extra cost?

I'm pretty much sold on Garmin but if there are other good brands please let me know.

Thanks!

It really depends what you wanna use the GPS for . If you plan to cycle around Kili or throught the Sahara then these other funny Garmin things will most probably not do . When I feel that I may get lost I put the Garmin Quest onto the bike . It got everythijng you need to track you route and also get you home .

Yup, what do you want to use it for?

305 and 705 slightly old news, they were replaced by

500 and 800(next month)

If you require maps - 705 800

If not 500

Hey guys

Any suggestions as to which GPS is considered awesome?

I hear a lot on this site about the Garmin 305 and ?700? There's also a Dakota and Oregon.

If money wasn't an issue whats the best to buy? Taking into account Battery life, Waterproof, Size and mounting options, as well as the quality and options for map display and route plotting.

Also, if I was to buy from CRC, I'm assuming I would need to get local maps too at an extra cost?

I'm pretty much sold on Garmin but if there are other good brands please let me know.

Thanks!

No brainer...the New Garmin Edge 800.....

http://www.bikeradar.com/news/article/garmin-edge-800-first-ride-review-27494

Thanks for the info so far guys.

We I basically want to use it to map out new routes and make sure I don't get lost, or upload routes from someone else so I know which route to take.

Correct me if I'm wrong but don't the newer/more expensive models give you topographic as well to check heights etc ?

Amazing, got my 705 2 months ago.. Like with the 500 causing massive sales of 305s, watch thehub get flooded with okes flogging of their 705s.. Would not have gone with the 800 though, HTC has put me off touch screens for a long time, but now you'll pick up seconds hand 705s on the cheap.