Suntour XCM vs Rock Shox Tora SL Coil

lloydkayak

I am considering upgrading the XCM fork on my entry level merida with v brakes to a Rock Shox tora SL coil fork with lockout and adjustability...

I weigh over 100kg and the xcm bottoms out :)

Would R2000 be too much for this fork and is there a noticeable difference between the two...

I know this is no hero >R4000 fork but for chilled riding will this perform better with my fat ass behind the handle bars?

Is it worth it basically....

Thanks in advance

I upgraded one of our bikes from a Dart3 to the 2010 Tora. It transformed the bike (for the better!)

It weighs a bit more than a R5k fork, but at your weight its strength would be a great benefit.

If you buy it at less than R2k (online...) I would highly recommend the Tora. But hen I personally prefer a good coil spring.

I am considering upgrading the XCM fork on my entry level merida with v brakes to a Rock Shox tora SL coil fork with lockout and adjustability...

Would R2000 be too much for this fork and is there a noticeable difference between the two...

I know this is no hero >R4000 fork but for chilled riding will this perform better with my fat ass behind the handle bars?

Thanks in advance

lloydkayak

I have a tora sl air fork for sale when I was using it I weighed 105 kg the steerer length is 186mm and it has had minimal use unfortunately not v-brake compatible

I'll start at R1600 if you are keen drop me a line (email) and I'll send some pics

it really is in good condition I didnt use the bike much because I moved onto a dual suss quite quickly

I'm on airsup6176@gmail.com

Thanks in advance

that air fork I am selling hasnt bottomed out on me the beauty is you just jack up the pressure to set the sag and you should be fine that fork weighs 1.9kg and strong as an ox

I would always opt for an air spring if at all possible

Wapad... I haven't seen any of the Tora SL Air forks with V Brake bosses... If yours has them I would be really keen. Up in Gauteng unfortunately but I don't courier being out of the question.

If it is good for V Brakes could you pm me some pics?

EDIT * I have a tora sl air fork for sale when I was using it I weighed 105 kg the steerer length is 186mm and it has had minimal use unfortunately not v-brake compatible * facepalm :huh: