SORTED

Big J-WP

So I dont know what has been more of a mission finding a MTB or finding MTB shoes in my size. Looks like I have foung the new 2011 shimano 087 in a UK14 but what bike to take.

3 options

Cannondale Trail SL2 JUMBO

Scott Aspect 10 XXL or

GT Avalanch 1.0 XXL

Seems to me that the Scott is almost 3 centres bigger than the other 2.

Any suggestions

thanks

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aparently guys our size are called "Clydesdales"! Last time I checked those came with a wagon load of beer, so I'm OK with it...

Re shoes: I found the Shimano's too narrow. Spez makes big sizes and you should be able to find a pair at Olympic or Bridge in Cape Town. Their quality is excellent too.

Re the bike: Where did you measure the 3cm's? Not all makes use the same system for determining frame size.

Aparently guys our size are called "Clydesdales"! Last time I checked those came with a wagon load of beer, so I'm OK with it...

Re shoes: I found the Shimano's too narrow. Spez makes big sizes and you should be able to find a pair at Olympic or Bridge in Cape Town. Their quality is excellent too.

Re the bike: Where did you measure the 3cm's? Not all makes use the same system for determining frame size.

Measured each one from the centre of the BB to the seatclamp, the way you should check to make sure that your seatpost has enough tubing in the frame.

RE the shoes will check the Spez out I have a narrow foot but do have a pair of Spez Pro Road shoes in a UK14 which are very comfy.

thanks for the input

How much you weigh and have you checked the recomended max weights I know scott 2010 was known to break a lot.

Will check the weight limits on the bikes, did not even think of that. I know that my cannondale road bike has no weight limit on the frame so maybe that is the option to go for.

BTW between 120kg and 125kg

That sucks,

so you can be a 5f5 110kg fat slob and ride a scott

but you cant be a 6f9 machine and ride a scott

well there goes the sale for a scott.

Maximum weight and load of Scott bikes

Scott mountain bikes are intended for a maximum rider weight of 110 kgs, the overall weight of bike incl. rider should not exceed 119-128kgs (depending on bike weight).

Scott trekking bikes are intended for a maximum rider weight of 110 kgs, the overall weight of bike incl. rider and a maximum load of 25kgs should not exceed 143-150kgs (depending on bike weight).

Scott road bikes are intended for a maximum rider weight of 110 kgs, the overall weight of bike incl. rider should not exceed 117-120kgs (depending on bike weight).

Scott kids bikes are intended for a maximum load of 50 kgs including rider and load.

Please always note and respect the information of the component suppliers regarding the maximum rider weight

Well after alot of input from some fellow hubbers and thanks to google I have decided to go big or go home

or thats what I thought.

Going to look for a 29er in my size. Well 29er's are bigger so should not be a problem. So how about that a XL 29er's frame size is only 52-54cm. Now with a saddle height of +- 92 how am I going to find a long enough seatpost.

Well lets wait for the 2011 range to hit the floors and then hopefully I can find something. Not even PlanetX has a big enough frame for me.

I say go with the Santa Cruz Tallboy

Crack, you cracked up with curry. Checked it out on the web. Also to small.

thanks for the help though