FOUND!! ROAD BIKE STOLEN IN PE 14 Sept

snerex

A bike was stolen in PE today. It's a Raleigh RC7000 2006 model with a set of Easton wheels and white rimmed tyres. If anyone comes across the bike please let me know. Similar to picture attached.

THE BIKE SURFACED AT A PAWN SHOP AT 7AM THIS MORNING!!

post-18279-017845400 1284494033.jpg

Bummer. What suburb?

Not sure what the suburb is, but it was stolen out of a bakkie in the same street as Mercantile Hospital, I think it's Northend area.

So stoked for you, thats awesome :D Now what I would like to know is how did the Pawn Shop owner not realise it was possibly stolen, or did he, and then proceed to called the cops? Did u play Horatio Cane yourself and investigate the theft and come across the bike :mellow:

Is the pawn shop obliged to give the bike back or does the owner have to pay? I really hope they catch the perp...

I would say they do have to give it back, they are handleing stolen property? :unsure: There is supposed to be a period of 7 days or something along those lines beofe it should be sold(I could be wrong on that) :huh:

I would say they do have to give it back, they are handleing stolen property? :unsure: There is supposed to be a period of 7 days or something along those lines beofe it should be sold(I could be wrong on that) :huh:

I'd be pretty bummed if I owned the pawn shop, but i suppose it comes with the territory. U gotta have an eye for checking "sneaky puffadders" coming in and selling stolen goods if are teh owner/buyer. but then again its just like scrap metal yards buying stolen telkom cables!

Suppose the bottom line is... Make them give it back!

For sure - there will always be guys that will do a dodgy deal for a quick buck, its a total genralisation here but I dont think Pawn shops owners have been the straightest of business owners. :unsure: Then again he could have known it was stolen or at least suspected it was, which then makes him an accsesory to the theft??? :unsure:

It was my brother-in-laws bike and he contacted the pawn shops in PE and asked them to look out for it. They phoned as soon as they got it but had to pay R1500 (so they say) to get it. It's a bit dodgy cause they didn't try and catch the guys, just paid and got the bike, so obviously wanted to make a buck as well...but at least we got it back at a bit of a price.

It was my brother-in-laws bike and he contacted the pawn shops in PE and asked them to look out for it. They phoned as soon as they got it but had to pay R1500 (so they say) to get it. It's a bit dodgy cause they didn't try and catch the guys, just paid and got the bike, so obviously wanted to make a buck as well...but at least we got it back at a bit of a price.

You should have gone there with the cops and you wouldn't have paid a cent.