Looking for training partner-beginner

Brian V

Hi, Anyone in the Randpark Ridge, Weltevredenpark, Northern suburbs,  willing to take on a beginner as a training partner. Busy trying to prepare for the 94.7 Cycle challenge and need all the advice and training sessions I can get. I'm a real novice and working on getting fit enough for the race.

Please email me: brian.thilo@vodamail.co.za or cell: 082 338 7037

Ta.

Brian

Chat to Slowpoke, Amateur or MichaelH, they all stay around there, and are always looking for new people to join in their morning rides!

Brian V, you have just become the catalyst to restart the morning rides! amateur, michaelH, when is the first morning ride gonna be? it's warm enough to get outta bed early enough again Wink

Talking about your morning rides, I rode up Golf Club Terrace a few weeks ago, sh!t that road is steep !!! When you get around the bends it is actually about 16% Ouch.

Isn't that where you and MichH were doing your hill intervals?

ianJ, that was a long time ago... so much has happened in the meantime and i doubt i'd make it up there even on my mtb at the moment CryCryCry but yep, i used to survive cycling there, doing 2 reps and then cycling the whole way home! ag wat, ek raak maar oud... that's my excuse and i'm sticking to it!

Hello Brian V, I see the Hubbers haven't been too helpful with potential training opportunities. Come on guys !! Help this newbie out .. I referred him here from the Gumtree website for why ?

Brian ... if you are able to, there are training facilities available at Kyalami racetrack during the week where you can cycle for a few hours. Go to www.troisport.co.za for more info. You can also join a ride with us out in the Eastrand on Sundays leaving Centre Of The Earth Nursery in Modderfontein at 06:30. PM MichaelH for more details.

MichaelH ... hope you're getting fit to ride from Midrand to PMB for the 'Shova in a few short weeks. I'm looking forward to it [that reminds me, does Shammy cream come in 5L containers ? Confused]

Why dont you try out the bionic bunch starting from newscafe at townsquare in the mornngs, im going to do that, have been cycling but i can be considered a beginner due to lack of fitness!!

Hi people, I am a little far from U guys (and not a morning person), but my fitness also needs some shifting! Have U guys arranged something.......

What is Ur M.O so far?Big%20smile

Quantum, we meet at 5am at the boskruin shopping center and then ride for 1 hour - every tuesday and thursday. pm me if you want to join us so i can give you a cell number so you can let us know if we need to wait for you Big%20smile