Which saddle?

Maryks

Hi all!

Can anyone please give me advice on what saddle to bu for mountain biking? Can I use a men's saddle or is it best for a women to have a ladies specific saddle? Keep in mind that I want a light saddle as I want to take some weight off my bike. :rolleyes:

Thanks!!

Specialized Phenom SL!

They will measure your sitting bones so it fits propperly and I think they make a ladies specific model as well.

very personal choice, the most popular seems to be the specialized phenom and gobi. I have a phenom and hate the first two km of every ride but love it for the rest. It somehow forces you to only put pressure directly on your sit bones so that you dont get the "numb-nuts" effect.

Before buying go to your LBS and ask to test a couple before you commit.

if you are female... there is only one saddle and that is specialized women specific design saddles. You must get your bum bones measured ( they dont touch your bum, you sit on something that then prints your bum bones) and then buy the correct size. It made a huge improvement to my wife's cycling. ;)

Best to ask your local cycleshop for a test saddle. I have waisted too much money on buying saddles that are not comfy. I know Specialized have got test saddles available at dealers

very personal choice, the most popular seems to be the specialized phenom and gobi. I have a phenom and hate the first two km of every ride but love it for the rest. It somehow forces you to only put pressure directly on your sit bones so that you dont get the "numb-nuts" effect.

Before buying go to your LBS and ask to test a couple before you commit.

If I get this right, she's a girls, so the numbnuts problem would be "foreign" to her:P

I ♥ Specialized saddles! Specialized Phenom Gel on my MTB; Specialized Toupe Ti on my road bike. Both in 143 width.

The Specialized Format 130 that came on my MTB was so uncomfortable - because it was the incorrect width for my butt!

I ♥ Specialized saddles! Specialized Phenom Gel on my MTB; Specialized Toupe Ti on my road bike. Both in 143 width.

The Specialized Format 130 that came on my MTB was so uncomfortable - because it was the incorrect width for my butt!

And just to contradict this - my butt hates a Specialized saddle. Yip, been Asso-metered... feels like I'm grating glass! It is a very personal choice - hope you can get some saddles to test - most good LBS's should at least have some available.

Yip, been Asso-metered... feels like I'm grating glass!

You might want to get that checked out by your GP. :blink: :P

PM Kiwi...they have the business. My honey uses the "On One Big Nose Saddle" on both her road bike and her MTB. Tried a variety of saddles before and always had complaints. Since we got Kiwi's saddles not a word. Peace...

And best of all R250 a pop. Can't go wrong at that price...

Womans Specialized would be my choice (If I didn't have to take care of numb nuts but as I have to I got the phenom SL)

• 4 weeks later...

highjack on

looking for 2006/2007 Scott racing saddle. came out with scott scale MTB.

Highjack off

Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow Ladies Bike Seat Saddle BLK

Retail price R2400. You can have it for R1800.

1 month old – good as new !

Please email me at: Jozanne.louw@gmail.com

Product Description

Designed to fit a woman's anatomical shape, the Lady Gel Flow combines lightweight, comfort, and superior design. Manganese

Product Details

• Women-specific saddles

• 290g

• Leather

• 262 x 160mm