It might be raining in Cape town

Shebeen

So I commute 99% of the time, but went soft this morning and drove.

And i got solidly served when i saw this dude in greenpoint.

No helmet

No gloves

No worries.

post-1830-056691000 1284536466.jpg

In full colour coded kit(not just colour coded, this oke has blue blood. see even the tyres and the insulation tape on the handlebar are blue). I reckon he must be some visiting french europro going for a coffee ride.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He will have plenty of worries when he swerves, slides and cracks his head open...irresponsible in my opinion.

Hello no, I wear my hi-viz jacket even if it looks like rain in a weeks time on my daily commute.

What gets me is that guys like this will say its their head, but what about their families and friends that get effected when tragedy strikes.

I made it through the entire 70's and 80's without a helmet and gloves, or lights for that matter. We've become a bunch of PC soft c..s who can't wait to tittle tale on the next oke they see breaking the law.

That looks like a Pinarello frame.

Brave very brave...maybe even stupid!!!!

Ja that is a Pinarello - looks like the Dogma Magnesium nogal!!!

Only fixie riders are allowed to do that, but sans the kit. Only 50's style jeans and shirts allowed; the Norman Rockwell wholesome American country boy look

I made it through the entire 70's and 80's without a helmet and gloves, or lights for that matter. We've become a bunch of PC soft c..s who can't wait to tittle tale on the next oke they see breaking the law.

Yes we did but now we have some commonsence and there were hardly any cars on the road and NO F@#&KING TAXIs.

Let alone the helmet and gloves...he clearly does not know 'GOLDEN ARROW' drivers. And just look how close is that Taxi behind the bus.

That dude is bad-ass! :D Cool photo. :)

that's what i thought!

he did smile when i shouted a howzit as he came past

I'm with you mate. A helmet may help a bit, but they're completely overrated. Gloves dilute the "feel" you get from the road.