Eating on TT

fandacious

Yup. 100km on a compu-trainer. Its part of a batch of tests i'm doing @ SSI in cpt. 100km isnt that bad. some of the hubbers did a 200km once DeadDead

anyways.. its a TT so i'm balls to the wall for 3hrs. what do i eat?

You're nuts, dude! But anyway ...

I'd do the following:

Eat breakfast.

Ride the first hour, no eating.

From 60min onwards, 50 Calories every 15min.

PVM bars work well - they're cheap and have 200 cals each. Cut them into 4 before I start - sorted ;-)

I just drink water with this.

I find this works quite well for me.

I know the bars have calories, but is it enough. Dont i need food as well. I normally ride with energy dynamics glucose mix as well as USN vooma. each sachet has 125 calories, but i'm worried that i get hungry... I was gonna take bananas as well. what else can u guys recommend?

D@mn bru

100 on idt, better you than me.PVM also make a good porridge for before but pronutro should do the trick. Pvm bars remain good value during the ride

Wow, I wouldn't go the first hour with no eating.  Do the same as you would do on a normal 100k road fun ride.  Some gels or energy bars and energy drink.  DOn't think you need massive amounts of 'real' food as it's not a real endurance event.  Stick to carbs and you should be fine.  Personaly I like a gel and and Energy bar per hour washed down with water or my energy drink.  my 2c...

I think that should be enough - it's only 100k ;-)

You don't want to eat too much - enough that your blood sugar levels are maintained. This is what I do for Ironman, and it kept me pretty steady - not as high intensity as what you'll be doing your TT in I'd guess - but a similar hourly energy requirement.

You can get PVM bars anywhere - try your local garage! That's the other great thing about them.

A TT by nature is high intensity and so you will use all your stored glycogen relatively quickly - I would make sure you have a decent high carb breakfast and few hours beforehand, then start drinking a decent carb drink from 20 mins in and then every 20 mins thereafter. On top of that a few energy bars - maybe one at each 60 min point to top things up. maybe have some plain water available too to drink with the bars. Good luck and don't start too hard Wink

BikeMax2007-09-06 10:51:40

you can buy a whole box of pvm bars from makro' date=' thats what i do, u save big bucks, they equate to about R3 a unit [/quote']

Dylan, the best bit of info I got in ages on the Hub!  Thanks.  I bought a box of my favourite strawberry chocolate Energy bars at Sportsman's Whorehouse and payed R5.95 each!!! 

Will hop on over to Makro on my way home tomorrow to grab a box.

Also Try FAST FUEL energy bars. bit more expensive but taste good and you get 2 bars in one pack. the chocolate coated banana flavour is the best

sure, glad i can share my wisedomTongue yea the fast fuel bars are more natural i think.

but i say bananas are still the best energy bar!