MTB NuB

chris_w_65

I picked up my 2011 Silverback Spectra today. Nice ride, I just did 10km on the dirt track next to the road I live on. Not a very technical path but the pedestrians are obstacles and there were plenty because it was after 5pm.

post-18048-067029400 1284567748.jpg

Well done, welcome to the club Chris!

The Spectra is a great looking and well-specced bike, I'm sure you'll enjoy plenty of dust-covered hours on it :)

Well done, welcome to the club Chris!

The Spectra is a great looking and well-specced bike, I'm sure you'll enjoy plenty of dust-covered hours on it :)

Thanks

The start of the slippery slope. I bought a whole load of bits and pieces today and some shoes = $$$$. Now I still need to get a helmet and a Camelback.

I picked my girlfriend Saturn up on Monday so she will be spending money at the LBS on Saturday for her gear.

Aaahhh...the sweet smell of that new leather seat!!

Enjoy!!

Wait till you discover CRC... :o

I got a really good deal and it is just a starter bike. When I get serious I will go the CRC route.

I rode with another newby at Groenies on Sunday. He had the exact same bike and I am really impressed with spec. I have the SB Sierra and compared to it the Spectra is even better value for money.

The improvements I saw was:

Reba fork (Sierra has Tora)

Alex wheels(Sierra has WTB) both tubeless ready

FSA Handelbar (Sierra has Silverback Brand)

Kenda Small Block UST tyres (Sierra has WTB which are horrible. Immediately replaced them with Crossmarks)

Congrats. You made an excellent purchase. Enjoy!

I got a really good deal and it is just a starter bike. When I get serious I will go the CRC route.

CRC is for young and old, noob and pro :) ... its the most addictive thing in the world - better than Christmas for a 7yr old.

Remember, your bike is always going to want an upgrade.

I daresay that looks like Kevin's shop in Weltevreden Park, Fusion Cycles.... Nice one, beaut of a bike, or that other phrase 'steed'

I daresay that looks like Kevin's shop in Weltevreden Park, Fusion Cycles.... Nice one, beaut of a bike, or that other phrase 'steed'

You are very observant. Great shop and I got the best deal there :)

Awesome bike!! May she give you many safe km's!!

Safe KM? :) If you dont fall at least once per ride your just not riding hard enough :D enjoy her and up the medical aid B)