Early Saturday Morning ride from Table View

Woofie

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I am whipped.

My wife says that if I want to do a training ride on the weekend, I need to be out the house before 5. :unsure:

Kinda do agree with her though. Its not really fair on my family if I am out every single weekend.

So are you going to come join me then HeadHunter?

Oh, I am doing that LT test tomorrow morning at 6.

No, I am whipped.

My wife says that if I want to do a training ride on the weekend, I need to be out the house before 5. :unsure:

Kinda do agree with her though. Its not really fair on my family if I am out every single weekend.

So are you going to come join me then HeadHunter?

Oh, I am doing that LT test tomorrow morning at 6.

It sounds tough to me. My fiancée at least lets me do my 2 weekly weekend rides. As long as I'm home by lunch time. Plus she enjoys sleeping late so its a win-win situation.

It sounds tough to me. My fiancée at least lets me do my 2 weekly weekend rides. As long as I'm home by lunch time. Plus she enjoys sleeping late so its a win-win situation.

Lucky boy.

Just wait till you have kids though and everything changes.

She is still going to want to sleep till 12 and she is going to want you to play with them when they wake up early...

Looking at riding from table view early saturday morning - 4.45am.

Anyone keen?

Hi W. Which route do you want to do? Would you join the club ride after that - it starts now at 7h00?

Hi W. Which route do you want to do? Would you join the club ride after that - it starts now at 7h00?

Yep. that is my intention.

Open to route suggestions.

But if the wind is a SE then we could head towards town for just over an hour and then turn around.

Or we could do durbanville hills or whatever.

Please join in. Get whoever else as well. :rolleyes:

Pace will be nice and easy.

The intention is to ride at a moderate pace for the first bit (talking speed, so not too fast) and then join the legbreakers after that.

That will help your legs alot for race preparation where you are normally feeling it the last hour.

Most people can ride really hard for 90 odd min or so (because most of our riding is only that length) but anything over that you can feel that you just dont have the edge anymore.

So having the hard ride right at the end will do wonders for us.

Especially if the group shunts on the way back.

You have a light?

My Team heading out that direction on Saturday. We only leave the Rondebosch area at about 6:45am though.

Niklas, why dont you come join as well?

I would be keen but I usually do a ride with the UCT League riders. I always get a solid workout with them especially on the hills. There's way more hills out here on the peninsula. When I think table view its all flat.

My Team heading out that direction on Saturday. We only leave the Rondebosch area at about 6:45am though.

You heading out to the westcoast?

DC training?

Yep. that is my intention.

Open to route suggestions.

But if the wind is a SE then we could head towards town for just over an hour and then turn around.

Or we could do durbanville hills or whatever.

Please join in. Get whoever else as well. :rolleyes:

Pace will be nice and easy.

The intention is to ride at a moderate pace for the first bit (talking speed, so not too fast) and then join the legbreakers after that.

That will help your legs alot for race preparation where you are normally feeling it the last hour.

Most people can ride really hard for 90 odd min or so (because most of our riding is only that length) but anything over that you can feel that you just dont have the edge anymore.

So having the hard ride right at the end will do wonders for us.

Especially if the group shunts on the way back.

You have a light?

I am keen - let me check what is happening on Fri night - i think my better-half's best friend is comiing - as they will be chatting, i can have an early night. But i'll confirm with you.

have two lights - will charge the batteries.

I would be keen but I usually do a ride with the UCT League riders. I always get a solid workout with them especially on the hills. There's way more hills out here on the peninsula. When I think table view its all flat.

Yep, table view is flat.

I may tackle a hill or two in the beginning, but then the club ride always follows the same route down to duinefontein and back.

Two weeks ago a group of us in the faster group took a detour on the way back and we road upto the N7 as well, which is a nice little dragging hill all the way up.

Look, the other option is that if we get enough riders, we could go and do the new westcoast express route which does have a climb on it now.

But we will have to have enough riders to be on the westcoast road at that time in the morning.

Ok - i will come; Tview at Fri 4h45 - where should we meet? At the club ride parking lot? Batteries are charging for the lights.