Remembering the Rapport Tour

Cyclejourno

Oh man, this is now a thread of note!

Is there a comprehensive (photo) history of the Rapport tour anywhere! I would love to relive those great days of my childhood heroes in a decently documented history!

My Dad sponsored a team for the 1981 Rapport Tour with Alan Van Heerden, Tony Impey, Robbie Macintosh, Ertjies Bezuidenhout. I've ask him to send me his old photos. Would be good to show them.

post-2331-090065100 1284963587.jpg

My Dad sponsored a team for the 1981 Rapport Tour with Alan Van Heerden, Tony Impey, Robbie Macintosh, Ertjies Bezuidenhout. I've ask him to send me his old photos. Would be good to show them.

awesome, looking forward!

That was an interesting read - thank you for the direction. Was there ever a book published on the tour?

Lappe Laubscher from Rapport published a book in 1978 that covers the first 5 tours - book is called 'RAPPORT TOER - 'N DROOM VAN 'N GEEL TRUI". I ordered a copy in my "younger" days (was in matric in 1978). I attach a copy of the cover of the book.

post-4890-020349400 1284981688.jpg

Lappe Laubscher from Rapport published a book in 1978 that covers the first 5 tours - book is called 'RAPPORT TOER - 'N DROOM VAN 'N GEEL TRUI". I ordered a copy in my "younger" days (was in matric in 1978). I attach a copy of the cover of the book.

Aah, that's exactly what I want!! Gold!

No doubt they are out of print now! Do you perhaps know where I can get one...

Aah, that's exactly what I want!! Gold!

No doubt they are out of print now! Do you perhaps know where I can get one...

I think I have a copy of that book - if I remember I got it from Anthony Martini (the only amateur to ever win the rapport tour...)

I must scratch around at my folks place to see if I can find it... would be an interesting read.

I think I have a copy of that book - if I remember I got it from Anthony Martini (the only amateur to ever win the rapport tour...)

I must scratch around at my folks place to see if I can find it... would be an interesting read.

Aah, and you want to sell it right? After you've read it of course smile.gif

Aah, and you want to sell it right? After you've read it of course smile.gif

Well I don't know about selling it, but wouldn't mind lending it to you... if I was sure I would get it back ;)

Well I don't know about selling it, but wouldn't mind lending it to you... if I was sure I would get it back ;)

Thanks for the offer Marius. Let me see if I can find a copy first.

That book is definitely not something you want to get lost or damaged in the post - maybe I'll visit CT for a weekend!