CERVELO WARRANTY - HELP!

Tightfitt

Hi Hubbers

Looking for someone who may have had same / similar experience before.

Last week I was involved in an accident - hit by car. Front fork snapped and pretty much all but frame (apparently at this stage) a write-off. Cerveloe have conveyed that the life time warranty will no longer apply as bike been in an accident.

If insurers do not replace frame as no apparent damage (after x rays) that would leave me without life time warranty.

What your thoughts?

Not pointing any fingers at either Cervelo nor insurer - just wanting to see if any Hubbers have ever been faced with similar scenario and if so, some relevant comments would be helpful.

Thanks

Well now that was useful!

Bike insured - will replace all except frame as there is apparently no prob. with frame. At this point cervelo will no longer ever (in the future) honour a warranty claim as the bike has been in an accident.

I though have lost warranty for lifetime. Should insurer now carry that burden as I have insured the initial warranty that was included in the purchase price of the bike?

Hi this guy can do your scan for you

PG Tests,

Paul Barber

083 631 4807

If you need the frame repaired let me know i can assist with that as well

Cervelo has the right to decline the claim , as a “warranty “is a policy contract offered by the manufacturer (cervelo) to the consumer (yourself) against any “manufacturer defect” within normal use of the item as per its specifications (so if a road bike is used for anything else other than road riding they will repudiate the claim).Under your circumstance you where a victim of a uncontrollable event which a warranty does not cater for.

Remember "insurance" is a policy of indemnity, and the purpose of it is to put you in a similar or same financial position as you were before the event occurred,

hence your insurance have the right to repudiate your claim,if your "terms of use" was not specified to them correctly.

If ever your insurer/btoker asked you what's the purpose of the bike, say “for health and fitness purposes” don’t ever use the word “cycle race/tours” you will be loaded for an increased risk exposure hence you will be paying a significantly higher premium.

Having said that if your broker/consultant never asked you "what do you use the bike for" the relevant quetions you have a strong case :)

Good luck

If ever your insurer/btoker asked you what's the purpose of the bike, say “for health and fitness purposes” don’t ever use the word “cycle race/tours” you will be loaded for an increased risk exposure hence you will be paying a significantly higher premium.

Of course, if you do this and crash in a race, the insurers would presumably have reasonable grounds to deny your claim.

From what I understand, Tightfit, you're saying that you were in a crash but your frame was not damaged.

Cervelo will no longer cover the frame under warranty as it the bike has been in a crash. They assume there may be some latent damage from the crash that may later manifest itself as an apparent warranty fault.

The insurers will not replace the frame as they claim it is not damaged. They do not want to make an unnecessary payout.

In your position, I would first carefully read the full warranty policy and also my full insurance policy to see what exactly they say. I would then speak to my insurance broker to explain the situation and see whether they will cover future damage that would have been covered by the warranty, but now will not be covered because the warranty has become void due to the accident and their non-replacement of the frame.

Hi this guy can do your scan for you

PG Tests,

Paul Barber

083 631 4807

If you need the frame repaired let me know i can assist with that as well

Following the other thread about the price of bicycles. How stupid have we become. I thought we only scan animals and human beings!